Stock radio wiring

-

Her1970

Reaction score
Stock radio and wires in a 70 Dart. I see a red and black wire coming out of radio with male plug. 1 - what color are the female joining wires? Also have a green and a black wire coming from radio. Green has a spade and black has a male plug. What do these connect too? Where do speaker wires come into?

Stock radio and wires in a 70 Dart. I see a red and black wire coming out of radio with male plug. 1 - what color are the female joining wires? Also have a green and a black wire coming from radio. Green has a spade and black has a male plug. What do these connect too? Where do speaker wires come into?
I have a stock 1973 AM/FM on a shelf that may be similar to yours. It has the green and black wires as you described, and they go to the speaker.

The other plug has a red wire and an orange wire. The red wire is the 12v power lead, and the orange wire goes to the dial light (controlled by the headlight switch). Since yours has red and black wires, they are probably 12v and ground. Not sure what color the joining wires on your car would be.

I hope this helps you some...

-
Back