Stock Stance?

-

DesertRat

Leading edge boomer
Reaction score
I am changing the 14" wheels on my Barracuda to 15". I have not bought tires yet and want the stance to be correct. I am doing the mustang front disc conversion with an 8 1/4 track-loc rear end. At this point everything else is stock. I am interested in opinions of what I should do to improve stance.

The size of the wheel does not change the stance. Also stance is personal taste. I prefer to fill the wheel well. On your car without modifying the front of the rear wheel well I think your limited to 26" tall tire

Best way to lower 1/2" in rear? I think I can do the front with the torsion bar settings.

The best way to lower the rear a 1/2" would be to get new springs with the correct arch.

The easiest way would be lowering blocks.

In the front you can lower the car with the torsion bar adjusters. Keep in mind that your alignment changes when you do that though, so you'll want to have your alignment checked afterward. And, if you lower the car any more than a 1/2" from stock with the stock torsion bars you may end up bottoming out your suspension on the bump stops on rough roads. Any more than a 1/2" and you should consider going with larger torsion bars. Well, IMHO you should do that anyway, but that's just me.

And really, nothing has to change just because you went to 15" rims. Just get tires that are the same height as your old 14's, and your stance will stay the same.

Had a good day yesterday, Got my old 7 1/4 out of the car and the leaf springs and hangers. Bead plasting all the hanger hardware today and cleaning up the springs to get ready for paint. Picking up my rebuilt 8 1/4 from RR&P on 12-5 for reinstall. Will post photos to my build thread. Good to be working on the BC again!
Rat:coffee2::finga:

-
Back