Stock stereo wires help

-

GermzD74

Cool Member
Reaction score
Well since don't got no mulas to get a decent stereo and speakers yet, I', gonna bring this baby back to life all though its only AM but It'll keep my ears on something at least haha

Here is a picture with most of the wires off which the precious owner did...which one goes to which and am I missing a wire? I checked the diagrams but no info on the stereo...I think...

I think the green and black go to the center speaker but the rest not sure...

I guess it should be simple to guess but don't wanna fry anything

So lets get our glasses on because it's a cell pic! CHEERS!

Thank you family!

stereowires.jpg

The brown, red, orange, and white are related to the radio and other circuits.

Red supplies power to the radio.

Orange is for the light in the radio when you turn the headlights on.

Ignore the white. This is supplying power to another circuit.

That leaves black and green which most likely are the speaker wires. Black for ground, brown for +. Look up under the dash and see what color wires are coming off the in-dash speakers to be sure.

Here is a diagram. Speaker wires are not shown. http://70duster440.com/DashHarness70 Page 1.PDF

The brown, red, orange, and white are related to the radio and other circuits.

Red supplies power to the radio.

Orange is for the light in the radio when you turn the headlights on.

Ignore the white. This is supplying power to another circuit.

That leaves black and green which most likely are the speaker wires. Black for ground, brown for +. Look up under the dash and see what color wires are coming off the in-dash speakers to be sure.

Here is a diagram. Speaker wires are not shown. http://70duster440.com/DashHarness70 Page 1.PDF

Awesome! That all I need to know, that sucka is coming back to life tomorrow if the speaker and stereo still work hehe thanks mate! :cheers:

I you have a digitial voltmeter you can cut the radio on and test the speaker wires. If you see a negative (-) in front of the voltage then you have it backwards and you will know for sure which is pos and neg.

-
Back