Stock throttle cable/bracket set-up...

-

redrag64

Reaction score
I would love to see a picture/diargam of the stock throttle cable and bracket set-up for a 64-66 Dodge Dart V-8. I just installed the stock tranny kickdown set-up, but my current aftermarket throttle cable and bracket
won't work. They are going to an Edelbrock 4 barrel carb, so I'm not sure if the stock set-up will work either. Any insight is appreciated. THANKS.

Yep, I'm the guy who you sent the original diagram to. It worked perfect, and I was able to get the tranny kickdown all set-up. I see the throttle cable and bracket on the diagram, but I a just trying see exactly how it mounts to the intake, and try to see if it will still work with my carb and spacer set-up.

Yep, I'm the guy who you sent the original diagram to. It worked perfect, and I was able to get the tranny kickdown all set-up. I see the throttle cable and bracket on the diagram, but I a just trying see exactly how it mounts to the intake, and try to see if it will still work with my carb and spacer set-up.

If your using an aftermarket intake you may have to modify stuff.

I made a bracket for the stock 2bbl throttle cable bracket to bolt to,
that would bolt onto the Edelbrock LD4B intake.

Bottom picture is a kit you can buy from Richard Eherenberg.

MOPAR: 340 360 High-Rise Throttle Cable Mount. Bracket

http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/rehrenberg/

6f40.jpg

I am running a cable shifter for my 727...I found out that my stock 3 piece kickdown wouldn't work either so I did this...

IMG00165-20100407-2102.jpg

I also did this on the bottom to make sure that the kickdown returns....

IMG00160-20100406-1647.jpg

That looks really clean. I just got my stock tranny kickdown dialed in (looks kind of prehistoric, but kind of cool at the same time). So, I think I'll figure out the throttle set-up and leave well enough alone.

-
Back