Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I’m 6 years from retirement, 5 months from my contract end, I still don’t know what I want to do

HEADUPASS.jpg

Busy place...
Lots to catch up on.
One side almost done. Tough job but going smoothly.

Deep thoughts...or shallow insanity...

1. The only part of your reflection in a mirror that you can lick is your tongue.

2. No matter how many lasagnas you stack on top of each other, you still only ever have one lasagna.

3. If your front door has a mail slot, you're living inside a mailbox.

4. Real adult behavior is having your bed touching only one wall.

5. You never stop clapping until you die. When you're not clapping, that's just a longer pause between two claps.

6. The best liar you know is actually not the best liar you know.

7. It'd be amazing if, after you die, you could see the top 5 moments where you nearly died.

8. Cemeteries would be far more interesting if the causes of death were included on gravestones.

9. Chase scenes in films will be extremely quiet once electric cars become mainstream.

10. Tradition is peer pressure from dead people.

11. The film Titanic is kind of like someone making a romantic movie about a modern-day tragedy in 100 years' time.

12. If you're in a store and music that you like is playing, you know you're part of the target audience.

13. If you pour cola soda in your whiskey, you're a novice. If you pour whiskey in your soda, you're an alcoholic.

14. If you do the same thing for 8 hours every day, that's madness. Unless you get paid for it – then it's a job.

15. All children deserve to have parents. But not all parents deserve to have children.

16. Waking up in the middle of the night and realizing you aren't alone is either the best thing in the world, or the creepiest. There is no in between.

17. One day someone at Google just suggested, "How about we drive along every street on the planet and take pictures?” and everyone else agreed.

18. Knowing that you've got tomorrow off work is more liberating than the day off itself.

19. A person in a suit in a room full of T-shirt wearers is probably the most important person. It is the same for a person in a T-shirt in a room full of suit-wearers.

20. Dogs probably like biting squeaky toys so much because they sound like helpless little animals...or they just like the annoying noise.

21. If the Earth really is flat, then maybe the dinosaurs just live on the underside and we're just digging up their buried dead.

22. There's no reliable proof that today really is Sunday. We all just blindly trust that nobody's miscounted.

23. Birthday presents are rewards for not having died yet.

24. The first person who inhaled helium must have been EXTREMELY relieved when their voice slowly returned to normal.

25. First the internet made the postal service almost obsolete thanks to email, but now, online shopping is making it more important than ever before.

26. At the airport we go through endless checks and scans, but once you're at the baggage carousel, nobody cares what bag you take.

27. Maybe mythical creatures were only a thing because humans didn't wear glasses in earlier times.

28. Keys only exist because people are assholes.

29. A language just consists of sounds we've agreed upon.

30. If ***** sizes were as visible as breast sizes, our world would be completely different.

31. When you look up at the heavens, you're actually looking into the infinite abyss of the universe and gravity is the only thing stopping you from falling into infinity forever.

The view from my porch this morning as I'm drinking my coffee. She really needs some attention. I have so much crap to do. But I have to go back to work tomorrow. I got 3 days off for my father in laws funeral. But haven't really done anything productive. As much as I love spring and am ready for nice weather I really hate mowing and I really need to mow already.. my grass is getting high. My mower needs new blades a new tire and new brakes and I just want to work on my car!! Lol

20190407_133326.jpg

20190407_133337.jpg

The view from my porch this morning as I'm drinking my coffee. She really needs some attention. I have so much crap to do. But I have to go back to work tomorrow. I got 3 days off for my father in laws funeral. But haven't really done anything productive. As much as I love spring and am ready for nice weather I really hate mowing and I really need to mow already.. my grass is getting high. My mower needs new blades a new tire and new brakes and I just want to work on my car!! Lol

View attachment 1715316189

View attachment 1715316190
I just came in from getting my mower ready. I’ll probably mow in the next day or two. While that’s happening, I picked up an old iron John Deere that needs some work to get going again, gonna fully deck it out if I can

I just came in from getting my mower ready. I’ll probably mow in the next day or two. While that’s happening, I picked up an old iron John Deere that needs some work to get going again, gonna fully deck it out if I can
I use to enjoy mowing. Anymore I just hate it. I have so much other stuff I'd rather spend my time doing.

View attachment 1715316189

View attachment 1715316190

Brakes are over rated :steering:

WHOA .. Something with a big lumpy camshaft just drove past :eek:

I use to enjoy mowing. Anymore I just hate it. I have so much other stuff I'd rather spend my time doing.
I hear y’all. I live on the side of small hill and there’s no flat spot, it’s a constant battle to maintain traction. So this year, I’m ditching the turf tires and going with a set of tractor tires.

And things, that when you say them, can make your brain hurt...

1. “It is impossible to kiss your elbow.”

2. "The best part of a cucumber tastes like the worst part of a watermelon."

3. "Drinking water with a minty mouth is the cold version of spicy."

4. "It must suck to be an air conditioner repairman. You spend your day working in buildings that have no air conditioning. When it's fixed and finally cool, you leave."

5. "I have seen more of the surface of the Moon with my own eyes than I have of Earth."

6. "We gladly pay $3 for another bottle of water at the airport because we won’t refill the first one at the water fountain "

7. "At special occasions, girls with curly hair straighten it and girls with straight hair curl it."

8. "Watching a graduation ceremony is like sitting through a movie that's entirely end credits."

9. "Maybe clock-wise direction is wrong, it is possible the first clock maker was dyslexic”

10. "At the age of 60, Snoop Dogg will be 420 in dog years."

11. "Dragons would probably think it's cool that we create water in our mouths."

12. "The first person who ate a mushroom was probably trying to commit suicide and was very disappointed when they lived."

13. "Pets are the one-percenters of animals."

14. "When medication says 'do not operate heavy machinery,' they're probably mainly referring to cars, but I always think forklift."

15. "If wookies have a 400 year life span, then Han Solo is basically like Chewbacca's third dog."

16. "If you drew the word ‘dick’ on a vampire's face while they were sleeping, they'd never find out about it."

17. "The movie industry considers you to be an adult when you're 17 and can see an R-rated movie, but that you’re an adult at 13 when paying ticket prices."

18. "Imagine how rich you would've had to be 200 years ago to have music playing in the background while you cook dinner."

19. "College students are simultaneously known for not getting enough sleep and for sleeping all the time."

20. "SpongeBob probably has square nuts too."

21. "When we're young, we sneak out of our houses to go to parties. When we're old, we sneak out of parties to go home."

22. "You know you've reached adulthood when you no longer want to stay up late watching TV instead of getting a good nights sleep.

23. "A different version of you exists in each of the minds of everyone who knows you."

24. "Night time is the natural state of the universe and daytime is only caused by a nearby, nuclear powered ball of flame."

25. "Water is a beverage whose only flavor is its temperature."

26. "'Based on a true story' movies are all part of the same series."

27. "A perk of becoming an adult is you no longer outgrow your clothes. A curse of being an adult is that you often still do."

28. "Making a typo in an online argument is the equivalent of voice cracking in a verbal argument."

29. "Fitbits are just like Tamagotchis, except the stupid little creature you have to keep alive is yourself."

30. "Accidentally liking someone's post while lurking online is the digital equivalent of stepping on a twig while sneaking through the forest."

31. "People hate to spend $6.50 on six pieces of raw chicken, but don't hesitate to spend $5 on one chicken sandwich."

32. "Corrupt cops are just undercover criminals."

33. "The brain not only named itself, but it also recognized that it named itself and was surprised when it realized that."

34. "If you drive a new car, you are rich. If you drive an old car, you are poor. But if you drive a super old car, you are probably super rich."

35. "There is a tree somewhere out there now that is growing the wood for your coffin."

36. "If you see someone wearing a $20,000 watch, it's hard to know if they're really good with money or really bad with money."

37. "If your identical twin got plastic surgery, it would be hard not to feel a little insulted."

38. "When you're sick, the advice you get is to literally do drugs and stay out of school."

39. "We use tables to keep food off the floor, tablecloths to keep food off the table, placemats to keep food off the tablecloth, plates to keep food off the placemats and forks to keep food off our fingers."

40. "It kinda makes sense that the target audience for fidget spinners lost interest in them so quickly."

41. "Technically, every mirror you buy at a store is in used condition."

42. "A successful marriage ends with watching the other person die."

43. "The person who invented audio recording probably thought it didn't work right when their voice sounded different in the recording."

44. "If you're 25 years old, you've already been around for more than 10% of American history. If you are 50 years old, 20%.”

45. "Most orchestras are just 1800s cover bands."

46. "Whenever you buy and eat half a chicken, you are secretly sharing a meal with a stranger."

47. "It's crazy that something temporary like a Walmart gift card is printed on plastic, but your social security card is printed on a flimsy piece of paper."

48. "The object of golf is to play the least amount of golf."

49. "It's always easy to fall asleep on a couch...unless you're actually trying to fall asleep on a couch."

50. "Your belly button is your old mouth."

My wife has threatened me the last couple years of hiring it out and paying someone to mow. But I'm a cheap bastard and refuse to pay for something I can do myself. I just work so much and have so much other stuff to do and love spending time with my children I hate spending the time on a mower. Maybe I should just give in and do it Haha

My wife has threatened me the last couple years of hiring it out and paying someone to mow. But I'm a cheap bastard and refuse to pay for something I can do myself. I just work so much and have so much other stuff to do and love spending time with my children I hate spending the time on a mower. Maybe I should just give in and do it Haha

For what they want to do my lawn, I can buy two or three mowers per year....

I do mine myself also... Plus I do a better job than the lawn services do...

I hear y’all. I live on the side of small hill and there’s no flat spot, it’s a constant battle to maintain traction. So this year, I’m ditching the turf tires and going with a set of tractor tires.
Yep me too my yard is hilly and bumpy and rocky a swear this place grows rocks and roots overnight. I hit the all the time and bend blades. My deck will bottom out from the uneven ground if I mow too low etc etc. I actually put on a more aggressive tire on the rear last year they did better but still spin. I may try fluid and weights this year.

Got the spark plugs on the Barracuda changed. Matt was right the #7 on a 67 Barracuda is a *itch to change with no lift.
Funny it was easy to take out the plug. Putting it in with the exhaust manifold, etc..took a little thinking. No room!!
Took the plug socket used a 3/8 to 1/4 adapter with a very short 1/4 extension and went right on.
Runs and sounds a lot better!!

I had a terrible time with mowers for a few years and I went thru about 3 different ones in 4 years I just kept breaking them. I finally bought a used craftsman and it mowed great for two weeks then started acting funny I did everything I knew to do. Carb tuning etc finally I was adjusting the valves and noticed the intake side wasn't opening ad far as the exhaust side. I pulled the engine apart it the intake on the cam was completely rounded off. It was just opening enough to idle anything other than that it was just to much load and would kill the engine. I replaced the cam and rebuild the engine and so far 3 years later it's running like a champ still. The body looks like **** tho. I broke the hood so it dont have a hood on it anymore lol

Yep me too my yard is hilly and bumpy and rocky a swear this place grows rocks and roots overnight. I hit the all the time and bend blades. My deck will bottom out from the uneven ground if I mow too low etc etc. I actually put on a more aggressive tire on the rear last year they did better but still spin. I may try fluid and weights this year.

I have lots of obstacles in my yard also... Some inclines, cut off tree stumps, a flag stone lined creek, old fence poles cut off and just the right height to catch the blade if it's set too low...

I started marking the obstacles that have killed mowers in the past and cut some of the stumps lower.... One of these days I'm gonna get the cutting torch out and melt that old cut off fence post that killed one of my mowers... :mob:

I have a grave yard of broken lawn mowers with bent crank shafts and blades from hitting things... One of them I only had for two weeks before killing it... I average one broken mower per year with my yard... :BangHead:

Those make for good parts mowers for the one that I use...

I have had the same one for three years now and the drive tires tread is getting low... I can get the tires off the two week old one when they wear a little more...

I had a terrible time with mowers for a few years and I went thru about 3 different ones in 4 years I just kept breaking them. I finally bought a used craftsman and it mowed great for two weeks then started acting funny I did everything I knew to do. Carb tuning etc finally I was adjusting the valves and noticed the intake side wasn't opening ad far as the exhaust side. I pulled the engine apart it the intake on the cam was completely rounded off. It was just opening enough to idle anything other than that it was just to much load and would kill the engine. I replaced the cam and rebuild the engine and so far 3 years later it's running like a champ still. The body looks like **** tho. I broke the hood so it dont have a hood on it anymore lol

My dad took a small engine rebuilding class at the local community college when we were kids... He built a mower from two old ones that the neighbors threw away/gave him... It had a red 3.5 HP briggs and stratton engine that dad rebuilt and was on a mower deck from the guy across the street's old mower... We called that "Old Red" or "Old Reliable"... It was our back up mower for when our main one broke... Just spray some starting fluid down the carb and pull the cord and she'd fire up....

I could not use the excuse that the mower broke to get out of mowing the lawn when I was young as dad would get old reliable out.... :( :mad:

Last edited:
Here is the cam I had to replace. You can see from the exhaust side and the bottom of the engine just how much metal was removed from the lobe!! It's a perfect circle. To this day I have no idea how it happened it ran like a champ when I bought it.

received_10210995901872466.jpeg

received_10210995914152773.jpeg

received_10210995850711187.jpeg

received_10210995695387304.jpeg

received_10210995896312327.jpeg

received_10210995852111222.jpeg

I hired a guy to do my lawn when my knee was boogered up, crutches to brace. Then I felt like I would be reducing his yearly income if I let him go and harming the economy :realcrazy: So I kept him.
Lol it would make life so much easier. I just can't stand the thought of paying for something I am perfectly capable of doing myself. Kinda like changing the oil or putting on brake pads!

-
Back