Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Had to try the Orange Shandy. Damn good stuff. I need to proof it. I am thinking 8% abv.

2nd batch of orange Shandy  4-20-19.jpg

Got the door swapped on the Neon. The actual door hanging was a breeze. Took a while to swap out some parts thou. The doner had a painted handle and the 'belt moulding' (lower glass seal) in and out were way worse then mine. The handle wasn't too bad, but... Getting the seals out required a bit more disassembly. Including removing the glass. It was a total PITA! Pretty much gotta catch just the right angle and force it through the seal. I can't believe they put it together that way in the factory, but don't see any other way.

Good morning crew. Doing the Easter thing this aft. What are great weather weekend so far. 60's yesterday and today. 70 tomorrow. Mom found the car she wants. Chebbie Blazer of all things, paint color looks like Tawny Gold mopar color or at least close. Closest Subbie dealer is 2+ hours from her house, but Forester Sport is the close second.

View attachment 1715322941
If I saw that without the name, I'd have had no clue it was a Blazer. In my brain, this
is a Blazer...
1970-Chevrolet-Blazer-classic-trucks--Car-101112977-0519acedf05040b6c383d4ea05267bd9.jpg

Got the door swapped on the Neon. The actual door hanging was a breeze. Took a while to swap out some parts thou. The doner had a painted handle and the 'belt moulding' (lower glass seal) in and out were way worse then mine. The handle wasn't too bad, but... Getting the seals out required a bit more disassembly. Including removing the glass. It was a total PITA! Pretty much gotta catch just the right angle and force it through the seal. I can't believe they put it together that way in the factory, but don't see any other way.
Ya when we were mucking through a few parts of removing/replacing the dash and front window a common comment was "I wonder if this is how they did it at the factory"

I have been toying with this one all afternoon. It is still very much a work in progress.
Don’t ask me where it’s going...I have no idea! LOL!

21D63CB8-E931-484F-AF82-7DB4408C8256.jpeg

Ugh, this 383 is stuck solid, I’ve loosened the main caps, bearings look like it’s never been ran before, same with the lifters. But this thing is stuck tighter than a virgin on prom night. I’ve managed to get one piston and rod out. The rest are stuck solid. Can’t rotate the crank to get to all the rods. Things as been soaked in ATF for nearly 2 months, and still can’t budge it. Bent a 6 ft, 3/4 inch breaker bar trying.

Ugh, this 383 is stuck solid, I’ve loosened the main caps, bearings look like it’s never been ran before, same with the lifters. But this thing is stuck tighter than a virgin on prom night. I’ve managed to get one piston and rod out. The rest are stuck solid. Can’t rotate the crank to get to all the rods. Things as been soaked in ATF for nearly 2 months, and still can’t budge it. Bent a 6 ft, 3/4 inch breaker bar trying.
Coke? I heard it works.

Atf and acetone.

I’ve said it before, and I will say it again...phosphoric acid.

It is the active ingredient in the POR 15 products. It converts iron oxide to a more stable and less rigid crystalline substance alowing the parts to break free from each other.

ATF is useless and has zero chemical reaction with iron oxide. You might as well just spit on it.

I’ve said it before, and I will say it again...phosphoric acid.

It is the active ingredient in the POR 15 products. It converts iron oxide to a more stable and less rigid crystalline substance alowing the parts to break free from each other.

ATF is useless and has zero chemical reaction with iron oxide. You might as well just spit on it.
Not been able to locate it locally. One Farm chemical store does have it but will only sell in HUGE quantities that require some special hazmat training cert to buy

-
Back