Storing the Duster

-

7duster4

Reaction score
I will be throwing the car cover on the Duster soon. Starting to get to cold to drive it. My biggest concern is mice. I didn't have any problems last winter but I do remember seeing a couple running around. Whats the best way to prevent them from getting in the car? I have read sticking rags up the exhaust is good but what about underhood? It will be sitting for around three months and a startup once or twice a month.

Thanks

I will be throwing the car cover on the Duster soon. Starting to get to cold to drive it. My biggest concern is mice. I didn't have any problems last winter but I do remember seeing a couple running around. Whats the best way to prevent them from getting in the car? I have read sticking rags up the exhaust is good but what about underhood? It will be sitting for around three months and a startup once or twice a month.

Thanks
I'm using mothballs and traps/peanut butter. Some of the guys swear by dryer sheets. Killed 3 mice already. I figure they will eat peanut butter before my car.

Steel wool in the pipes, mothballs under the hood, and a few dryer sheets on the floor mats has been lucky for me.

So far i have used the dryer sheets and I guess it works as I have had no mice issues. I put them on the seats, under the seats, on the floor mats etc.. I even lay some around under the hood. I even stickl them in the vents. I have also stuck the "sticky traps" in the car just in case. So far ... so good... havent seen anything.
..and it keeps the car smelling nice and summer breeze fresh...

-RPM

When you mean dryer sheets you mean the tissue size paper you stick on top of a load of wet clothes in the dryer? I would have never have guessed mice would keep away from them. I'll for sure lay a few of those out.

Thanks everyone

When you mean dryer sheets you mean the tissue size paper you stick on top of a load of wet clothes in the dryer? I would have never have guessed mice would keep away from them. I'll for sure lay a few of those out.

Thanks everyone

Yes, and some say the Bounce ones are better than the rest, but I dunno. The little critters apparently don't like the smell. Moth balls work too but they stink up the interior pretty bad. Just make sure you really clean the interior good, especially if there's any crumbs laying around.

-
Back