Stranded outside El Paso

-

loganscuda

This/These
Reaction score
Driving through this construction outside El Paso going home to San Antonio hit the Pyramid of the sphinx. Walking to 2 miles to parts store to get a transmission pan that won’t be here until noon. My oil pan has small crack in seam. Can I patch that with jb weld

Can I patch that with jb weld
Maybe, but will it hold on a trip halfway across Texas? And if it lets go, how much worse could your situation be than it is now?
I think I'd wait another hour and a half for the new pan.
Will it hold ATF well enough to get to a better place to do the job? Like in the parts store parking lot? Knowing what I know of your situation, that's what I'd try to do. Good luck!

Give it a try. Buy a bunch of add oil. Watch the gauge closely. Stop and check the dipstick often. If it doesn't hold, call for the tow truck.

Get a bar of soap and rub it back and forth in the crack. It will seal it up and hold oil.

The new pan is 1 1/2 deeper. So my son being the genius he his told me to drive back over the pyramid to shorten the new one. He made damn sure he wasn’t within arms length.
IMG_5254.jpeg

IMG_5253.jpeg

That got pranged but good. Which Milodon pan do you have? Is it the Gen 3 swap pan, or road race swap pan?

Just clean the area first. I know a guy, Engineer.
Who built an intake out of JB Weld just to prove he could. Yes it worked. Even did a couple passes with it.

Tootsie roll.

I think they used to do it in extreme scenarios.

But you are already on the road again, so all is good.

I must’ve gotten wrong soap. Used the whole bar like I just got back from a Walmart Brothel
Irish spring I’ve heard is the best. The one time I tried it we grabbed whatever soap was in the hotel bathroom, it was white. Ours was a transmission pan and the soap sealed it and we drove home 200 miles.

Irish spring I’ve heard is the best. The one time I tried it we grabbed whatever soap was in the hotel bathroom, it was white. Ours was a transmission pan and the soap sealed it and we drove home 200 miles.
200 miles doesn't get you very far in Texas.... El Paso to San Antonio is over 500 miles... Big *** state.... Hope your on the road & doing alright..

-
Back