strange 4 speed..

-

highflyer

Reaction score
i have this 4 speed ...can anyone identify it.i have been told its out of a truck..

Picture 009.jpg

Picture 007.jpg

First what size is the front bearing retainer diameter,need pic of the shifter mount,and measurements of the tranny from the front ears to the tail shaft end,mrmopartech

this trans has a 5.12 or so bearing cover ididnt put a caliper on it..and ruffly 22 in long from ears to end of t/saft..very clean and looks like a stamped side plate instead of cast..id like to sell it ,but dont know what it is..any help would be highly appreciated...tx j

I know there was a chevy version just like with the NP435 but I thought S-10s all came with 5 speeds if they weren't an auto?

Ahh.. your right, not s10. 1/2 ton chevy 80-85. Shorter tailshaft, chevy spline input shaft and different bell housing bolt pattern from mopar.

I know there was a chevy version just like with the NP435 but I thought S-10s all came with 5 speeds if they weren't an auto?
My 1987 S-10 had a 4 speed, V-6..2.8 liter. It might have been a 1 year only but I don't think it was a 833.

thank you all...any and all help is appreciated...jim...[craigslist here we come]

-
Back