Strange Occurance, Car just died

-

rp23g7

Reaction score
Really strange issue last night.

The Coronet has been running fine no issues. We went to a club meeting, down the freeway and back 2 miles and some street driving if that matters.

I got off the freeway, and everying that cool.

I was ideling at the light at the freeway exit and the car just quits, dies, lost all power like someone turned a key. I turn the key, after putting it in park, nothing.

Cycle the shifter and try again, it starts, weird.

So going down the street a mile or so, i notice the lights getting dim oh oh. The car dies again, no power to anything, coast to a stop. Push car to side.

So i look under the hood, I touch the BR,, VR, coil, starter relay, bulkhead connector, ALT, Bat cables, they all seem ok.

I looked at the fuses, they were all ok.

Weird, no power to anything at all. All electrical is dead. Then I was stating there pondering, and the wife says "hey, the domelight came on. Try staring the car again, it starts

Drive home, look at everything in the light, everything looks ok.

any one have a idea where to start?

starter solenoid acting up? thats what was wrong with my pickup, but i guess minee is a different brand, and a different year. but thats where i would start..

Also check to be sure there is a good connection at the battery post & cables.

And check the infamous bulkhead connectors on the firewal...

I did the alt to bat post shunt yesterday, and probably doing the bulkhead connecter passthrough this weekend. seems ok so far though.

-
Back