strange seat covers

-

cudaFS

Reaction score
Hey everybody, I just bought a 68 slant six automatic cuda, 63,000 original miles on it, still runs and shifts perfectly I have questions about the seat covers and dash. the seat covers are a soft suede like material similar to a modern microfiber. are they original? I've never seen anything like these before and cant find info online, everything shown online is vinyl or a coarser cloth. The buckets are lightly worn but the rears are damn near perfect, partial build sheet was under the bottom rear seat. no foam flakes or dried foam crumbs falling out, the dash and doors are Catawba green, Catawba ish seat covers.
thanks

Hey everybody, I just bought a 68 slant six automatic cuda, 63,000 original miles on it, still runs and shifts perfectly I have questions about the seat covers and dash. the seat covers are a soft suede like material similar to a modern microfiber. are they original? I've never seen anything like these before and cant find info online, everything shown online is vinyl or a coarser cloth. The buckets are lightly worn but the rears are damn near perfect, partial build sheet was under the bottom rear seat. no foam flakes or dried foam crumbs falling out, the dash and doors are Catawba green, Catawba ish seat covers.
thanks

Hello cudaFS,
Good luck with your new ride.
Can you post some pictures of what you are asking the questions on ?
A picture is worth a thousand words.
Stay Safe.......
Happy Mopar :)
Arron.

Hello cudaFS,
Good luck with your new ride.
Can you post some pictures of what you are asking the questions on ?
A picture is worth a thousand words.
Stay Safe.......
Happy Mopar :)
Arron.
I havent gotten it home yet so I dont have any pics yet, I'll post some good ones soon. thank you for the reply though

I'll get better ones but these are the seat covers, like I said they're a soft suede like material

seat.jpg

received_1129049640813028_Moment.jpg

Definitely aftermarket on the dash, someone may have had the seats redone to their taste.

Definitely aftermarket on the dash, someone may have had the seats redone to their taste.

Dash is a stock rally dash, ‘68’s had a lower dash pad like the one pictured. Seats look recovered.

Not sure those are even Barracuda seats. Might be swapped in from a Dart or Valiant?

that lower section of the dash is a tray with a lip across the front, so you could keep small items in it to drive you insane from them sliding and rattling driving down the road. lol I like cudas but that addition is ugly.

ok, found out that the correct covers for my car are dark green metallic, vinyl was standard, these were re-done.

that lower section of the dash is a tray with a lip across the front, so you could keep small items in it to drive you insane from them sliding and rattling driving down the road. lol I like cudas but that addition is ugly.
if you remove it you'll have a bunch of open holes in the dash frame. the pads are hard to find in good shape, i'm sure someone here could use them

-
Back