Strangest thing found in your A body???

-
The original keys, owners manual, and buildsheet to my 72 Swinger. When i took the buildsheet out, it vaporized. The keys still had the punchout codes.

I recently found a receipt for an expensive coach bag under my spare tire in the trunk.

When I bought my 68 Barracuda a couple of months ago I flew to Charlotte and drove it to South AL. Over 500 miles to get it home. Then a few days later when cleaning it up a bit I was vacuuming the interior and when I removed the rear floor mats I found an old joint (not a U-joint) under one of them. :eek:ops: Glad I didn't get pulled over on the trip home.

When I bought my 68 Barracuda a couple of months ago I flew to Charlotte and drove it to South AL. Over 500 miles to get it home. Then a few days later when cleaning it up a bit I was vacuuming the interior and when I removed the rear floor mats I found an old joint (not a U-joint) under one of them. :eek:ops: Glad I didn't get pulled over on the trip home.

Was it any good??? LOL! :glasses7:

Under the seat of the formula S parts car!! From the mean streets of Big Rapids, Mi.!!!...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 286
Also found a stack of pay stubs in the trunk for the OE from 1968, and a letter from his insurance company denying him coverage due to "excessive display of speed", doing burnouts, in a 1964 Sport Fury I parted out a couple years ago! Guy was a chrysler exec, shoulda known!!!

I found a "shell" of a baby scorpion a couple of months ago behind the brake rotor of the Duster I had delivered from Arizona. It was perfect form, with the tail being raised like it was posing. I was going to save it, but the wind blew it out of my hand and it was gone....... We don't have those up here so it was kind of neat.

About all I've ever found in a car (don't remember which one at this point) is a couple pictures of a topless but otherwise not very attractive woman and a penny that someone used a dremel tool on to make a smiley face.

Back in the mid 90s I bought an '88 Dakota, apparently the owner was paranoid that someone was going to steal his stereo because he had that thing mounted in there so it would come out only with great difficulty...there was a bracket attached to the back that went over the heater box and was bolted to the firewall (and seems to have either lost a piece or just mis-reassembled the heater box in the process since the defrost never worked very well). He also filled all the screw heads with epoxy.
Not sure why he bothered, stereo was kind of a POS.

There was a problem with the drivers side seat belt receiver when I got around to restoring that portion of my interior. Car had not been used in years. Upon inspection I discovered a quarter stuck inside preventing buckling. Easy fix and made .25 repairing it!

I lost the picture when my phone failed, but when I first pulled the air cleaner to my swinger, it was filled with goatheads. A pack rat or something had been living in the car because the seats were the same way, that was a nasty surprise.
View attachment unnamed.jpg

I also found this keychain wedged in-between the seat and the center armrest. It still hangs on my car keys. I also found about six bucks in change. No drugs or condoms though.

Speed {'Black Beauties'}

About 100 pills, in a large plastic bottle. Wedged up under the dashboard of a
1969 Dart 'Swinger 340'.

The previous owner worked the Midnight Shift at a 'Shop-Rite' Supermarket.

The place was loaded with 'Speed Freaks'.

Nothing in my A-body, but under the bench seat in my '68 B-body, I dug up a stainless steel pocket wallet. Inside was a foreign driver's license and credit cards (all currently active), gas receipts, a US 5-dollar bill, and business cards of ritzy art dealers from the Florida Keys.

After some quick Google and Facebook research, I realized these belonged to the gay lover of the guy who sold me the car. Ok, fine, I don't hold that against him.

HOWEVER - that same day, I also discovered that the 318 that the seller claimed to have been "rebuilt" had three cylinders with near-dead compression from bad rings. How convenient that the muffler and tailpipe were missing when I took it around the block - hard to tell anything at that. Also found that the alternator threads in the left head were stripped clean, with epoxy holding the bolt in place, in addition to a number of other obvious cover-ups that contradicted what I was told by the seller.

Needless to say, I wasn't too happy with the lying SOB who sold me the car. Given the bum engine, I wound up paying pretty hefty for a 4-door '68 shell.

So, rather than return it, I shredded the driver's license and credit cards, polished and flipped the wallet on eBay, and spent the $5.

-Kurt

LOL!! I was expecting you to say that you used the credit cards to fund the engine rebuild! :wack: LOL

LOL!! I was expecting you to say that you used the credit cards to fund the engine rebuild! :wack: LOL

If I had no regard for the law, that would be a brilliant idea. However - for better or worse - I do have a regard for it.

-Kurt

After I got it set up for bracket racing, smelled like something dead in my 1965 four door Valiant. Looked everywhere for the source with no luck. Eventually, the stink diminished and went away. Months later, removed my drivers door panel for something and found a mummified mouse carcass in the bottom of the door.

It is hard to see but the word **** was wrote on the inside of the quarter when the spray on insulation was still wet. This had to have been done at the factory because it was behind the inner wheel tubs.

Attachments

• 65.dart.193.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 185
Bought a '73 Duster as a parts car from a farm 65 miles away. Got it home and heard a noise in the trunk. Bracing myself for the worst I opened the lid and saw 5 fury little heads pop up meowing. 5 baby kittens!!! The guy I bought the car from said something about the mother cat being pregnant but he hadn't seen her in a couple days. Looks like the spare tire holder in the floor pan was as good as place as any to call home.

...I got to go 65 miles back to the farm to drop them off

If I had no regard for the law, that would be a brilliant idea. However - for better or worse - I do have a regard for it.

-Kurt

Then you could have left the cards in a card reader at a gas station for people to help themselves.

Took the back seat out of my 1958 Imperial and there was a thin long box which happened to be Trico windshield wiper rubbers from the 1960's. Mine were stuffed so I replaced them and they fit really nice too.

-
Back