Strangest thing found in your A body???

-
In my 72 dart I found a 60s Ford ign. key between the trunk & rear fender along with a socket & wranch, I'm thinkin its a 66 mustang key!

Nothing to weird or anything but when we pulled out the motor and was cleaning the engine bay I found a spare key to the car in a magnetic case lol. So for a year I was driving around with a spare key. So when I first moved to Tampa for college I locked my keys in the car and the whole time i could have just used the spare key...:D

dsc01202ww5.jpg

When I bought my 70 Dart it had a ratty glove box liner and some electrical work to be done. My cousin helped me out since I was busy with work and school so he tore into it for me. I come by after school and on the floor board was a pile of stuff. This included candy wrappers, pens, scraps of paper, and somethin cool: a Marvin the Martian keychain. Required a cleanin and a lil super glue but that was 3 years ago and instill have that keychain on my Dart keys =) in fact Marvin is now my cars mascot!

Before my dart, my parents got me a 96 Dakota sport. Bout a week after gettin it dad n I r rifling through it, cleanin out the PO's junk. Found $5 and a folding knife under the driver seat. Dad let me keep the knife (cool cuz I was 15 at the time) n I still have that 5.5 years later!

So far I've found:

Old key chain behind dash
Some old photo negatives of a kid riding a bike
Pennies
Rat poop all over the intake manifold
Some other small stuff I don't remember

just remembered what was in the glovebox of my Duster when I bought it- about 4 inches of the outside bead of an aluminum rim. Not sure if was one that was on the car at a previous point, or something that got in the way and the old 340 ate it:D

These are GREAT! I am laughing my butt off on this! It didnt happen to me but I was helping a friend take apart a 68 Newport that he had bought local. We found a photo of a quite prominent and much loved local teacher from the late 70's.
She was nude.

Not an a body but a friend of my ex gf bought a 92olds cutlass from an auction and when I was fixing the speaker wiring in the trunk I found the previous owner . Well the po remains anyhow . Turns out the ladies grandson drove the car a lil while after she died while his was in the shop and he had stuck the urn with her ashes in it in the trunk and forgot about them then proceeded to auction her estate off . We did get ahold of him and returned the ashes to him but it was a lil creepy to find lol

Not a Mopar, but my brother found some old service receipts behind the glove box of his Ford Explorer which had the vehicle's mileage recorded on them. Only problem was that the mileage on the receipts was about 100K higher than the what the odometer showed! He did get the dealer to refund his money for the car, but not without a fight!

Found a pair of glasses embedded in the Bondo of the driver side rear quarter

When I removed the dash frame I found these Items in it.

And I found these in the space between the trunk extensions and the quarter panels.

a AA battery in one trunk drop off, and a nasty hair comb in the other trunk drop off. a quarter from 1962 lying in the bottom dash frame channel, and a shitload of toothpicks wedged into the top of the dash.

I wasn't able to find anything strange or weird since the previous owner had already went thru the car. But not long after i purchased the Dart while realigning the pass. front fender, one of the lower bolts snapped off, so I removed the front fender for the repair, and found this. And yes the key does work.

Attachments

• P1010485.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 236
  • P1010489.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 234
Back when I was a teen, had the science teacher from around the block come by he needed help getting his 3' Boa Constrictor from under the dash of his Newport. The guy used to take it everywhere with him around his neck, guess it did not like aftershave. What a pain in the *** that was, mid august hot as heck, If it only had ac it might have took some of the fight from him!

One thing weirder than finding the smut under the rear seat of my dart from the 70s was not a-body related, but I bought a used 2004 Pontiac Vibe 5 speed from a dealership, and it was a great car while it lasted. I drove it home, the neighbors all wanted to see it, and we were messing around with the seats folding them down and talking about how it'd be a great camping car. I found a hidden storage thing behind the spare tire cover, and opened it.

Inside was about 20 different knives and a single pair of black gloves. These were large knives with fileting ends and such. I didn't know what to think of it... so I got some plastic bags, wrapped em around my hands and pulled them all out and put them in a big cardboard box. About 2 hours later the dealer called, and said "the previous owner just mentioned that there was something in the car he inherited from his father, and he said you maybe found it, but didn't sat what it was"

I drove over the to dealership and dropped off the box of knives. The dealer looked a bit weirded out, but oh well - murder stuff was his problem now. Drove that car for 3 years and the cops never asked about it so I guess I was good.

A 1970 penny in my 1970 Duster. My story, which I'm still sticking to, is that it fell out from one of the seats when I was removing the seat cover hog rings, as-if the person installing the upholstery was thinking "maybe someday".

Attachments

• 100_4702.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 222
I had a '69 340 GTS that I purchased in 1987 for the whopping sum of $400 and a case of beer. Ran great, drove decent enough, but needed front end work! This car was a "party car" of sorts, as there was a small bong wedged in the left trunk extension, several ZigZag cards under the seats, an empty can of Schlitz (who drinks that???) in the trunk, and a condom or two. Used. Old. Nasty. Oh, and a court summons to the PO for (guess?) possession. I guess he decided he did not need to show to court.

womens underwear under the backseat. a bunch of bottlecaps,a few small coins. thats what i can remember for now. nothing all that strange.

Half smoked joint in the ashtray of my 92 W150 after I'd been driving it for a couple months!

A friend of mine works at a stereo install place and a guy brought in a car he just bought from the local auto auction. He pulled the back seat and found 40k in cash and nine golf ball sized balloons full of what I assume was coke...

hamtrack assembly line chalk wedged in the space between the inner fender and the trunk hinge brackets. it was painted the same color as my floors so i assume it was put there then my car was painted.

also a build sheet for a valiant 4 door coupe (printing error or factory laziness i think) produced a few hundred before my car.

How do you play jax in a car? Found this broken part in 75 Duster when I removed seats and carpet. I did also find the 'standard issue' mouse carcass. Mine was in the cowl when I flushed the junk out of it.

image.jpg

-
Back