Street A bodies with springs moved into the rails

-
It is 52 1/4 from drum surface to drum surface. I spoke to a friend who has his springs moved into the rails on his 67 Valiant also and he said his drum to drum is 52". I was just trying to see what other people had in their car so I can see if this axle will work as a bolt in or if I have to mod anything. I haven't checked if it was cut for the axle offset in a Mopar. I think axle centers are centered in a GM where a Mopar it is offset and will have 1 tube longer than the other. If a factory BBP A body 8 3/4 with 10" B body brakes is 57 13/16 which is 3.5" shorter. I can always resell this axle to another Vega guy and just find a different housing to cut to my size. I was hoping to find something used that would be a bolt in and I don't ever get that lucky. The front inboard hangers were installed the way a fellow member told him to install them and leaving the factory locations intact incase someone ever wanted to go back to stock. The front hanger is flush to the outside of the rail but sticking out the back. I was just hoping someone had a similar set up I could get some basic ideas from. Thanks for the input.

Strange chain of events. The guy who I bought it from said a Vega guy he talked to about it is butt hurt I beat him to it and he feels bad for selling it to me and was curious if I would let this guy have it. I told him I will and I will just find a different housing to cut down. I'm keeping the 3.91 sure grip center though. It would have been a shame to cut off all of the hard work the seller went through to make it fit a Vega.

Mopar 8.75 rear are equal length axle set ups. They do not have a longer axle on one side. Any pinion offset is taken up in the pumpkin.

You are going to have to measure your own car. The factory located the leafs differently than how you will be locating yours with a spring relocation kit. The factory never cared much about where your rear frame rails were located.

Ok, I think what Sedanman is asking is what I learned doing my minitub and spring relocation. My car is a low mileage, never wrecked Duster. The first thing I discovered was that my drivers side frame rail was installed by the factory about 1/4" - 3/8" more inboard than the passenger side. ( I was told by a race fab shop that they have seen Mopar rear frame rails off by 1/2" or more).

If you have a Spring pocket relocation kit like the Mopar Parts one and mount that flush to the outside of your frame rails, your car may not track straight. If you have the spring relocation kit like US Car Tool, it will locate the front weld-in spring pocket by the (4) front shackle mount holes in the cross member, your car should track truer for a home install. (Ormaybe your car is closer to the blueprint and is fine)

Even still, measure a few times your entire chassis when installing frame and chassis components.

DSC_0046 (Large).JPG

If you have a Spring pocket relocation kit like the Mopar Parts one and mount that flush to the outside of your frame rails, your car may not track straight.

I have never heard of this.

-
Back