Street Dominator intake on '89 360 ?

-

65wgn440

Reaction score
Will an old Holly Street Dominator intake fit, with no mods, on a 1989 360 engine ? Thanks.

Yes, basically I didn't know for sure if that year 5.9 was considered LA or Magnum. Considering buying back an '89 B2500 I sold a guy awhile back, just to use engine for a current project, but wanted to make sure my parts on hand will change over. Thank you very much guys !

Possihly a hydraulic roller cam LA, which were in 3/4 ton and larger trucks, ram chargers, and B250 and larger vans. The last '89 hydraulic roller LA I was into had a windage tray, and they came with high swirl 318 heads. The street dominator works well on a 318, but the ports "might" a little smallish for a 360.

So not all '88 to '92 360's had roller cams and the 308 heads ? I thought they did. I did notice on my Alldata info, that they list a light duty engine (185hp) and a heavy duty version (205hp). Any way I can tell without pulling intake, which is not possible before purchase in this instance. VIN engine designation ?? Sorry for all the questions, I am a RB guy.

Possihly a hydraulic roller cam LA, which were in 3/4 ton and larger trucks, ram chargers, and B250 and larger vans. The last '89 hydraulic roller LA I was into had a windage tray, and they came with high swirl 318 heads. The street dominator works well on a 318, but the ports "might" a little smallish for a 360.

Good thought, it is actually on a 273 with 318(??) heads right now. And a Thumpin' hydraulic cam with headers ! Ha-ha, I didn't build it, came in a '67 Belvedere I bought.

You can pull the distributor and look to see if it has the spider and dog bones in it. A bore cam that operates with a cell phone helps a lot. Yes, the HD version is the hydraulic roller. The 308 heads, windage tray, and hydraulic roller are part of the power improvements, but they also had less restrictive emissions requirements.

Being a B250 it should be a hydraulic roller engine. But I have seen several rebuild/reman engines that had the hydraulic rollers replaced with hydraulic flat tappet cams.

Well, you appear to be in Florida and I'm in Ohio, so unless I drive down to see my uncle in Ft. Meyers, that ain't gonna work. I am curious though, what do these engines go for ?

-
Back