Street Freaks, Customs, Rods, Street Machines...60's 70's 80's

-
upload_2022-4-26_10-32-9.jpeg

The only picture I have of the 68 Charger R/T I grew up with. Remember they were just cars and were driven year round. Notice the slotted wheels up front and no doubt studded winter tires on the back. That car was bad *** in summer trim.

I'll tell you guys the story of how I "paid" for those tires (I still kick my own *** for it) A few months before I bought the Charger I was driving a 71 Dodge Dart with a 318 in it. I put an ad in a local free paper looking for a 340. I get a call from a guy named "Spike" who told me he had a complete drive train out of a 71 Demon. He had just pulled it out of the car and replaced it with a 6 cyl !!! (Gas had just hit $1 a gallon and people were freaking out) Price for the drivetrain COMPLETE CARB TO DRIVESHAFT $50 I borrowed the money and drove to pick it up. I remember the Demon was bright Orange with a plaid interior (quite ugly) I brought the driveline home and covered it up in the yard. A few weeks later I found the Charger and bought it. I sold the dart to my neighbor and realized he had a set of those N-50'S sitting in the garage and offered the 340 driveline EVEN UP!!! He took the offer and I thought I made out alright as I only had $50 in the 340. He ended up selling the Dart to a guy I knew who bought the 340 as well and put it in the Dart. OMG did that thing RUN !!! He got drunk one night at a party and I drove him home in the Dart and since he was passed out in the back seat I beat the hell out of it.

Last edited:
-
Back