Street legal drags at Auto Club Raceway tomorrow in Fontana, CA

-

zhandfull

Reaction score
Going to the $20 street legal drags tomorrow in Fontana for some test and tune. So I will do my best to put the hurtin on the imports.

Been a long time since I have been to a street legal event. The weather seems nice so I'm giving it a try.

Anybody else up for it? Racing starts at 9:00am

I was parked right buy you lol... Blue 68 Dart

Home now got 5 runs in between 9:00am and 10:40am

Best run 12.45 at 108.44mph

CHP also gave me an 80mph in a 65 time slip on the way to the track. First speeding ticket in my 25 year driving history. Couldn't argue it my time had come.

Worked out to be a great day to try out different launch rpm's and shift points for me. Short shifting at 5500 didn't work out to good and 6500 rpm didn't seem to gain anything. So 6000 rpm shifts seeem to be the sweet spot.

Lol nice I knew it was you just didn't get to catch you in between races... Good numbers my car is slow

15.03 at 89... Ya tell me about it lol I need to tune it tho

Hey guys!!! Hit me up the next time you go to fontana;almost done with my dart sport i would like to see what it does in the 1/4

Dodge74 OntarioCal...............

Lol nice I knew it was you just didn't get to catch you in between races... Good numbers my car is slow

15.03 at 89... Ya tell me about it lol I need to tune it tho

That is so close to getting in the 14's can you taste it? Nice looking Duster I checked it out briefly in the morning walking around. The white early dart was kind of cool too. Watched it go down the track think it was a slant 6 with a manual trans ran a 16.something.

Hey guys!!! Hit me up the next time you go to fontana;almost done with my dart sport i would like to see what it does in the 1/4

Dodge74 OntarioCal...............

Looks like the next street legal events are October 29, September 19, and December 3. Hopefully I will remember them. Had a great time today with the light turn out.

Lol well looks like I broke the 14s my best was 14.88 @ 92 mph
Without my slicks.. there to tall I need a 26 in. Slick not 28

Nice dart also and fast lol what engine do you have

Lol well looks like I broke the 14s my best was 14.88 @ 92 mph
Without my slicks.. there to tall I need a 26 in. Slick not 28

Nice dart also and fast lol what engine do you have

I have a stroked 360. Dynoed out to 460 hp seems I should be running 11's in my 3400 pound car. I don't know I just like to go and have some fun. Guess I need to get my hands dirty. I would like to be running 11.50's. The car has to be more street than race that's my one big limiting factor.

O nice I'm still planning on what should I do to my next engine build maybe a late 360 with a roller or stroke it but stroking it might be expensive

Looks like the next street legal events are October 29, September 19, and December 3. Hopefully I will remember them. Had a great time today with the light turn out.[/QUOTE]

Post a shout a week ahead next time. I will see if I can get the Duster ready to run by then with the 318 that is in it.

Looks like the next street legal events are October 29, September 19, and December 3. Hopefully I will remember them. Had a great time today with the light turn out.

I messed up on earlier post here is correct dates

October 15
October 29 (Halloween Street Legal)
November 19
December 3

-
Back