Street Racing Tragedy

-

Even if it wasn't your child, can you imagine living with something like that?

Nope. I sure as hell could not. You can throw money and resources at someone all you want, but none of it will bring their kid back. No matter what, you deprived them of the one thing supposed to outlive them.

Having 2 kids that are still babies to me, I cringe every time I see anything along the lines of this happening - especially if it was all a result of being an idiot. I can see racing a car on the street. People do it. But racing with a baby in the car? The kid didnt even have a chance.

These threads need to be stopped/ locked
or sent to the politics forum.
Nobody wins and it just burns bandwidth
and promotes hard feelings.

Same old sh1t and stirrers

lmao...burns the same bandwidth in the political forum as here. Besides, this isn't political, it's just common sense, and, obviously affects everyone whether they are car guys, or not...

Most people have thicker skin than we give them credit for.
...and if you can't get past a chat forum (any chat forum) without hurt feeling, it's probably not a good format for you, no matter what the subject matter is. ;)

These threads need to be stopped/ locked
or sent to the politics forum.
Nobody wins and it just burns bandwidth
and promotes hard feelings.

Same old sh1t and stirrers

Another vote for ignoring the problem? It is something that needs to be discussed amongst car folk and it needs to be addressed. Street racing kills, more often than not innocent people that are just going about their day.

This IS something that needs to be thought out, discussed and passed along to our young folks that might get the wrong impression or idea about it being "cool" to beat the guy next to you.

As car guys that pass this hobby onto our younger counterparts also need to pass along the fact it isn't smart or safe to do it on the street. I know I will do my part to discuss this with my grandson if he remains interested in the hobby. He loves to go to the races, at the track, and I will do my part to instill in him that it is the "only" place to do it.

For what it's worth I would think we would all be on the same page with this.

anyone remember when Carcraft mag ran a series on streetracing in the 70s,
early 80s. I still have copies of those magazines.
I think the drivers showed commonsense and picked the right place and right time.
the same exists today, but safe places are limited in the city.
I think most people would'nt race with kids in the car.
there is no difference between racing and weaving in and out of traffic at 100mph.
so, slow down and pick the proper place and leave the kid home.
you young bucks, have been robbed of a fun childhood.
mine was dangerous, but fun.

More people die driving throughout their regular day.

Street racing tragedy's are very minimal when compared to it. The only reason everyone gets to hear about them is because it is Illegal. Regular auto deaths from stupid *** drivers TRUMP them everyday it just that nobody tells us about them except maybe on a quarterly basis at best.

anyone remember when Carcraft mag ran a series on streetracing in the 70s,
early 80s.
I remember when Car craft ran stories on street racers back in the early 60's. lol...

Hey, check this out...

$(KGrHqEOKpYFFzlSPo)nBRf)tQiTog~~60_3.JPG

Dec. 1958

So because some people can't drive when they're not racing, and sometimes kill other people, that makes it ok to make a poor decision to unnecessarily risk other people's lives? Got it.

So because some people can't drive when they're not racing, and sometimes kill other people, that makes it ok to make a poor decision to unnecessarily risk other people's lives? Got it.

Shoot I know a guy that can smoke a joint and drink a beer rowing a 4spd steering with his left knee that will waste all of y'all..... Got it?? :D

Weird is all the guys complaining and bitching here about this subject have cars that will barely get out of their own way and can't drive worth a **** themselves is my guess.

Man I think you can make out their license plates...... Someone should call the cops. LOL

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bh2h1W9hrU"]Racers Doing Burnouts Shut Down "The Highway" In Oakland. - YouTube[/ame]

is there a bird in this thread or a troll. why all the chirping?

I'll bet there have been more innocent people that got infected with HIV unknowingly than all the street racing deaths...

I've had hundreds of laps street racing and had one close call. Stupid place to run, unfamiliar street, not from the area, etc. That was poor scouting/planning on our part.

Idiots that run on busy streets, 4+ wide, or the constant line of cars being flagged off are idiots of exponential powers. The people standing right next to an active lane are also darwin material. The fast & furious stuff is not "street racing..."

If the kids hung out somewhere here in town with there cars, that's probably where you'd find me and my car. To bad they don't.

-
Back