strike two???

-

GotDart

Reaction score
Got a call from the machine shop today. Looks like the 340 block is not in any better condition than the 360 I had. So far, I know at least 3 cylinders will need to be sleeved to use the block with the pistons that came with it. Wonderfull. #-o

Seeing your having so many problems you should just send the stroker kit to me. My block is still good.

sad to here you having so much trouble!
i wish you better luck in the future!

ID say send it back to this wack little company u keep getting these blocks from(are u sure there even mopars)get yur money back an hit up the local yard an strip down a van or a truck for there 360's,Just my 2 cents
MIKE

THEWHITEZOMBIE said:
ID say send it back to this wack little company u keep getting these blocks from(are u sure there even mopars)get yur money back an hit up the local yard an strip down a van or a truck for there 360's,Just my 2 cents
MIKE

I second that idea! Come north up into the salt belt. I know where there is a lot of good motors sitting because the cars rotted away before motor died.

I went by the machine shop this afternoon to look at the block myself and talk with the machinist. So far, there a 4 good holes and 3 that will have to be sleeved. The definate bad ones are cylinders 3, 4 and 6. Cylinder 7 is still questionable. It has pitting too, but we won't know until tomorrow if it will clean up.

Both the machinist doing the work, and the owner of the shop assured me that sleeves would not weaken the block. So it's too late now, I pulled the trigger and told them to do whatever it takes. So much for having a budget. :roll: At this point, I just want to get done with it.

Theres nothing wrong with sleeving a block. I think in your case its a good way to go at this point. Aluminum blocks are all sleeved.

Why is it that sleeving kinda has a stigma to it that kinda sends people running for the hills? From what I have heard it isn't so bad. I think deisel engines are sleeved by design aren't they?

Well yes, some blocks are designed to be sleeved. For instance you would never run a piston in an aluminum block without a sleeve. That I understand fully. And comparing a deisel engine to a gasoline engine is like comparing apples and oranges. The cylider pressure in a deisel is ungodly high compared to a gas engine. What are they, like 20:1 compression ratio?

Oh well, like I said it doesn't matter to me anymore. I wish I had a nice clean block to start with, but I don't and I'm tired of looking. I just have to start looking at this from the glass is half full perspective...

'Oh hi Joe <my machinist>. Hey, that's great news. Half the cylinders don't need to be sleeved'.

Yeah, that sounds much better. :cheers:

That sucks. If you were closer I'ld give you my 318.
It only has 58,000 miles on it. I recently did valve seals, as the old ones disintegrated, a new Summit cam/lifters. new timing chain and gears. Put an aluminum 4bbl intake, 650 double pumper on. It runs real good, used it to pull my trailer for a while.
I ended up using the tranny in my Demon.
So there it sits in the driveway waiting for me to make a decision.

Mopower71 wrote:
That sucks. If you were closer I'ld give you my 318.
Thanks, but I want 'mopower'. :D

I already have a 318 in the car, and was seriously thinking about just rebuilding it. But I want more cubes. :wink:

-
Back