Stripe Option on 69 Barracuda

-

Rocket

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Can anyone help me determine the correct stripe option for my 69 Barracuda 340 Formula S. The fender tag reads V7X. I have read that this is a black (X) accent stripe. I have seen one or 2 types of stripes on 69 Formula S Barracudas. There is one for example that runs down both sides at door handle level. Some have 340 wihin them and some do not.

I have also seen the code V6X on other fender tags which I have read is a black (X) longitudinal stripe. This description sounds more like the one I have described above.

Can anyone help me by describing what it looks like and where it appears on the car or providing a picture of the correct V7X stripe option? Would you know the correct Year One part number?

Thank you

The Formula S used this stripe.

72_G.sized.jpg

I'll see if I can dig up my book to see what the differances are.

There is also a strip used in 69 on the "Cudas" that ran along the rockers and included two strips on the hood running from the front edge back to the windshield, the little scoops were mounted on the strips.

The stripe Adam has was available on all modesl. It had the engine size cut out if it was a 340 or 383 otherwise it was solid.

This is the lower rocker stripe
[/url]http://www.phoenixgraphix.com/p-d/ct101.htm?

Thanks for the information both of you have provided. The Phoenix Graphics picture you referenced looks like the stripes available in the A56 "Cuda" option which includes the hood scoops.

Adam,

If you do find any additonal reference to the V7X stripe, if difference from the picture you provided, please let me know.

Thanks again.

found my little book.

V6X is the Sports stripe. Im think thats my stripe. V7x is called the accent stripe. I belive that is a much thinner almost pin stripe. Now I need to find my Barracuda resto book.

found it !!

The accent stripe was painted on pistripes that ran from the tip of the fender to the tip of the tail, with a gap at each end. they are located at the same plane as the door lock.

It was available in Black, white, red, blue and green.

My car has the Sport stripe.

fish6jpg.jpg

Can anyone confirm that the V7(X) on our 69 Barracudas are looking similar to the e-bodys?

;topic=6888.png

Pictures and/or dimensions would be helpful.
Thanks

Could anyone show me details of those double painted stripe. (I have V7F at Fender Tag of 69 Barracuda)
Believe me or not, I will try to paint those stripes by myself but have to know the exact thickness and distance between the two lines
Thanks for help
/ToM
69%20V7%20Stripe.jpg

I will try to get an accurate measurement/ mines white

Thanks !!!!!

So the fact that stripe is still there, seems that you have an survivour...or the paint job is still from factory. could you confirm that the stipe is painted? The Big is the upper stripe and the smaller is the lower?

Thanks !!!!!

So the fact that stripe is still there, seems that you have an survivour...or the paint job is still from factory. could you confirm that the stipe is painted? The Big is the upper stripe and the smaller is the lower?

its paint/yes the thicker one it the top/Ill try to get a cloth measuring tape for a better read

For me it looks as the upper stripe is 3 mm and the lower is almost 2 mm. The gap between the two stripes looks as 3 mm
stripe.jpg

With the known measurement I had an adhesive tape made, the test adhesion in the garage looks top class

43339240nb.jpg

-
Back