Stripes for Dusters from '70 to '76

-

grassy

Reaction score
Looking for a resource to compare the different year stripes. Does one
exist ?

Back awhile ago, I found a resource..and I should have bookmarked it...showing a stripe on a Duster similar to the Gran Torinos..

It didn't look exactly like that but it went in the same place.. has anybody actually seen this / Could it have been a prototype ?

View attachment starsky1.jpg

Dart Sport stripe.

Attachments

• DSCN2732_detail.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 382
Adam,

Was this stripe put on a specific year only ? The dart sports I have seen in person have been Duster like stripes.

Learned something today...thanks.

Adam,

Was this stripe put on a specific year only ? The dart sports I have seen in person have been Duster like stripes.

Learned something today...thanks.

Both of my '73 340 Dart Sports have the same kind of stripe that Adam posted.

And it was also available on the 1973/1974 Dart Sport "Conver-Triple" package (Conver-triple being the Dart Sport with a Moonroof & Fold Down Rear Seat).

The "Up & Over the Roof" Dart Sport stripe is the most common one, The only Dart Sports I've seen (with stripes) that didn't use it, were the Hang 10's, which used a body length stripe that followed the center body line from front to rear.

74dusted,

Who knows, they may not even be original mopar stripes... Sadly, i wouldn't know the difference.

Then it would be a major faux pas to put that type of stripe on a Duster.

Then I need to find good examples of the stripes used on the Duster through the product years.

Thanks
ian.

I think it was available in 73 and 74. Heres the other stripe Ive seen on them

Attachments

• 2011-10-04 06.56.171.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 336
So to help others..is this correct? Mine seem to have the "gold duster' stripe...I hadn't seen that designation on any of the literature I have..

View attachment 1970.jpg
1971-1972
View attachment 7172.jpg
1971-1972 twister
View attachment 7171t.jpg
1973-1974
View attachment 7374.jpg
1971-74 gold duster
View attachment 7174 gold duster.jpg
1975 gold duster
View attachment 75 gold duster.JPG
1971-76 god duster
View attachment 1971 to 1976 gold duster.jpg
1976a
View attachment 1976a.jpg
1976b
View attachment 1976b.jpg

Looks right to me. I think there is a slight difference between the 71 and 72 340 stripe though.

..thought so too but i got that one from Phoenix graphics..

No stripe for '75... The Gold Duster was a specific model..never understood why you could buy a Gold Duster in any colour of that model year..

Adam - the difference between 71 & 72 is the engine call-outs. In 1971 they were connected; in 1972 the were separate. The factory actually discontinued the '71 version and when the '72 Model year came out superseded it with the '72 version from there on out.

gary,

Do you also do the duster window decal ? and if you do, can you make a different colour ?

Thanks
Ian.

http://phoenixgraphix.com/p-d/ct605.php That stripe typically fits a Dodge Dart. We can help you with the attached stripe. We are licensed by the Fiat Chrysler Corporation to reproduce restoration stripes such as this.

**** The Duster twister decal above is licensed and a restoration part so we can definitely help you with that one.****

-
Back