stripping paint off grill

-

hamesdart

Reaction score
ok so I have a grill with old paint on it...along with my license plates I need to strip the paint off. I tried some industrial stripper on it and the grill and the plates still have some paint left... I did two sessions of stripper and it just didnt all some off. What can I use for the grill like scotchbrite? something that wont dammage the metal.. ?Maby something for the plates too..
I dont have a bead/sandblaster so maby sand them with light light paper?

Try using "0000" steel wool. I used it to remove the paint on the rear wondow louver of my 66 cuda, worked great and did not damage chrome.

Try using "0000" steel wool. I used it to remove the paint on the rear wondow louver of my 66 cuda, worked great and did not damage chrome.

yea i just did that combined with acetone. workes great. but after that when u want to repaint some of the OEM painted parts what do u use?

yea i just did that combined with acetone. workes great. but after that when u want to repaint some of the OEM painted parts what do u use?

I'm not a purist so I go with what looks good. For example, on my cuda grill I used Rustoleum appliance epoxy, Stainless Steel color, where there was silver originally and Satin black rattle can where there was black. Requires a lot of masking but thats part of the fun.

I'm not a purist so I go with what looks good. For example, on my cuda grill I used Rustoleum appliance epoxy, Stainless Steel color, where there was silver originally and Satin black rattle can where there was black. Requires a lot of masking but thats part of the fun.

yea thats what i have been doing

-
Back