stripping paint

-

66vert

Reaction score
Started to strip the engine bay using sanding/acrft stripper.What steps are required after stripping with stripper before epoxy primer.Is there something to neutralize the stripper or just wash and light sand ?
thanks
Glenn=P~

Wash, sand and wipe with PreKleano (or similar cleaner) to remove any contaminents......then epoxy

Nothing else needed to neutralize the stripper

thanks rjsjea thats what I thought hope to prime front clipp sunday but ,not sure if I am too fussy or what as it is proving difficult due all the creases and joints .I wonder why it is so expensive to have someone else do it?lol!!!

thanks rjsjea thats what I thought hope to prime front clipp sunday but ,not sure if I am too fussy or what as it is proving difficult due all the creases and joints .I wonder why it is so expensive to have someone else do it?lol!!!

Ha! I am going through the same thing right now. It seems it will never end and I am finding it hard to be satisfied as I keep seeing little bits that I think need attention.

Joe

I have done the stripper route and the sandblast route.........I will never use stripper again. It was worth it to pay the sandblaster........

I have used so much stripper that I do not even wear gloves!

It does a good job but it is brutal to use... I have used aircraft stripper in a variety of way to remove the paint of my demon.

it is rough when it hit the back of your hands, forearms etc.... I hated it for a while and then when I used it correctly it became a friend rather than an enemy.

I cleaned up the engine bay with a degreaser and then lightly sanded and put a coat of primer on the car.

Just my two cents....

Craig

-
Back