stroker engine balancing

-
and top the wrong pistons with a band saw don't forget. :rofl:
Still waiting for the parts to get it in for the bore / honer tool. And I figure I will do just 1 dome piston hack and see see how it turns out...that's a 340 piston in a 360 block. I don't have a 360 block that needs my / those hacked pistons. What I have and or planning is a 340 block .030 over. I will install the Icon 741.070 360 forged piston(because it's lighter than cast aluminum pistons) and use the discounted H beam rods I got on EBAY . Use Scats cast internally balanced crank 318/340 3.58" throw. Because it's lighter than forged cranks. Won't spend any money on bob weight/ machinist time for the last few grams of balance perfection. Sincerely Jessehttp://ebay.com

Still waiting for the parts to get it in for the bore / honer tool. And I figure I will do just 1 dome piston hack and see see how it turns out...that's a 340 piston in a 360 block. I don't have a 360 block that needs my / those hacked pistons. What I have and or planning is a 340 block .030 over. I will install the Icon 741.070 360 forged piston(because it's lighter than cast aluminum pistons) and use the discounted H beam rods I got on EBAY . Use Scats cast internally balanced crank 318/340 3.58" throw. Because it's lighter than forged cranks. Won't spend any money on bob weight/ machinist time for the last few grams of balance perfection. Sincerely JesseElectronics, Cars, Fashion, Collectibles & More | eBay

Looking to do a forged crank,internal balance engine.SFI balancer and 10.5" steel flywheel(these parts are neutral balance).Rods would be H beams in std. length.What weight piston would be needed to keep it internally balanced w/o adding weights to the crank?Would each manufactor be different(Eagle,Ohio Crank,Scat...?).Thanks,Bob
Is it stock size 318 / 340 or you gonna stroke it? Scats Cast crank is internally/neutral balanced from the factory....the 360 3.58" stroke. Sincerely Jesse. Forged pistons are lighter than cast.

a 360, stock stroke. yes to forged pistons, possibly aftermarket rods. and maybe the cast crank if stock one needs working over. just as a side note, read that the cast Scat crank is near or equal in strength to a factory forged crank. not sure where the CFD cast crank fits in for strength, probably between the two.

Still waiting for the parts to get it in for the bore / honer tool. And I figure I will do just 1 dome piston hack and see see how it turns out...that's a 340 piston in a 360 block. I don't have a 360 block that needs my / those hacked pistons. What I have and or planning is a 340 block .030 over. I will install the Icon 741.070 360 forged piston(because it's lighter than cast aluminum pistons) and use the discounted H beam rods I got on EBAY . Use Scats cast internally balanced crank 318/340 3.58" throw. Because it's lighter than forged cranks. Won't spend any money on bob weight/ machinist time for the last few grams of balance perfection. Sincerely JesseElectronics, Cars, Fashion, Collectibles & More | eBay
isn't that the Hoover Mover combo 371?

I ran 340 pistons in a 360 block in the seventies and just followed the article for Hoovers Mover in the magazine article. The owner of that car was Tom Hoover, an old retired ex engineer at Chrysler and explained how to do that for a high compression 360. You had to machine the pin bosses underneath as they would hit on the crankshaft throws and needed about 100 thou of the tops of the pistons to achieve zero deck. I ran my car with an engine like that and ran mid thiteens with a std 360 camshaft. Tom Hoovers car ran high elevens at the time.

I don't want anyone out there accuseing toolmanmike for editing my thread on /about bore/honeing, there was technical difficultys with the software, He did what he had to do. I DIDN'T POST ANY NUDE PICTURES or swear/cuss out anybody.

I ran 340 pistons in a 360 block in the seventies and just followed the article for Hoovers Mover in the magazine article. The owner of that car was Tom Hoover, an old retired ex engineer at Chrysler and explained how to do that for a high compression 360. You had to machine the pin bosses underneath as they would hit on the crankshaft throws and needed about 100 thou of the tops of the pistons to achieve zero deck. I ran my car with an engine like that and ran mid thiteens with a std 360 camshaft. Tom Hoovers car ran high elevens at the time.
Good info.

-
Back