stroker flat top piston valve to piston clearance

-

345man2

Reaction score
wondering if anyone has had to fly cut the stroker flat top pistons to get the correct valve to piston clearance , I know the dish have plenty, just wondering with around a 600 inch cam if fly cutting would be neccesarry , any one ran into this?:-D

The best and safest way is to put it together and check for the clearance yourself.

Someone else may not have the same exact set-up as you and their results may not be the same as yours. It's best to check your set-up to be sure. It's not worth taking a chance.

I had a piston hit a valve, and the valve was bent, the piston shattered, connecting rod bent like a pretzel, and huge chunks missing out of the block. And a nice big pretty puff of white smoke behind me. Nothing but scrap left over, and then find a new engine....

I wouldn't chance it.

Why do you need such a big cam for your motor,and what RPM do you think you will be running.First off the heads have to be done to allow the cam to go to that lift,and you would have to have after market heads to take full advantage of a cam that big,mrmopartech

Time to play with clay. I had piston to head clearance problems. Closed chamber eddys and dish pistons that came out about .003. Cosmetic head gasket are high but I was not comfortable with less than .040 clearance between the head and piston. You need measure it yourself. Valve and piston collide you'll be crying.

my current combo has dish pistons with fully worked eddies2.08 valves with plenty of valve clearance, having to use thicker mls gaskets to get right head to piston clearance , just had a thought of a point more compression would help and if fly cutting would be have to be done, just throwing around ideas for future changes

-
Back