Stroker magnum oil mods?

-

1bad360duster

Reaction score
So, I’ve read about most of the oil mods done to 360 blocks. However, not sure what would apply to my build. I’m using hydraulic roller lifters so I can’t tube the gallery/block off oil there. So what if anything should be done for a stroker small block that will be shifted 6500-6700 max. Right now I have a high volume oil pump, milodon pickup-deep baffled pan and profiled crank scrapers. Besides profiling pump entry etc not sure if anything else is really needed. This is a 5.9 magnum block oiling through pushrods

Check the size of the oil passage from the mains to the main oil galley.
Deburr the area at the main oil passages under the main bearings. Open up the main bearings oil hole to the size of the passage under the bearing in the block.
The suction side of the pump is the most important. If using a rear sump pan use a bottom plate pickup. A HV pump with a stock tube will not move more oil than a stock pump with a larger pickup tube.
You might drill a hole in the back side of the middle main bearing to oil the thrust side of the crankshaft.

Last edited:
Looks to me that you have it pretty well covered. I assume it's a forged rotating assembly and with the proper clearances, so it should good. A little extra oil up top wouldn't bother me with the deep pan.

The #3 main brg already provides pressurised oil to the crank thrust surfaces & no need for holes in brgs.

The #3 main brg already provides pressurised oil to the crank thrust surfaces & no need for holes in brgs.
For stock everyday use your right. But he is building a performance app stroker.
Jmho that I highly value.

That mod has been down on here before. Drill very small hole in the bearing saddle that intersect the oil hole and through the bearing thrust flange so oil is sprayed on the crank surface that moves against the bearing

See post 34 in this thread. There is at least one other with pictures on this site.

Last edited:
-
Back