Structural Integrity Rust Damage.

-

GupsTateS

Reaction score
Looking for some insite here, I'm not concerned with cosmetics as I am about making sure my car doesn't break in half. I don't know what holds these unibodys together fully.

Car's a 1968 Dart. Rockers are rusted through (pretty much all the way) on both sides where they meet the rear quarter panels. Rear quarters are rusted here too. The front floor pans are gone on both sides, some sheet metal is just hanging out there. Frame rails are excellent, as is everything else including rear floor pan.

I'm going to have some of the us car frame connectors installed welded to floor and frame. Will this be enough to assure that the damage to the rockers wont cause the car to fold? I don't know if I'm going to have time this winter to replace the rockers and I'd still like to be able to drive it again after the snow clears.

Thanks for the help!

I would say your best bet would be cut out all the rust and replace with good metal. That along with the frame connectors should be more that enough.

Looking for some insite here, I'm not concerned with cosmetics as I am about making sure my car doesn't break in half. I don't know what holds these unibodys together fully.

Car's a 1968 Dart. Rockers are rusted through (pretty much all the way) on both sides where they meet the rear quarter panels. Rear quarters are rusted here too. The front floor pans are gone on both sides, some sheet metal is just hanging out there. Frame rails are excellent, as is everything else including rear floor pan.

I'm going to have some of the us car frame connectors installed welded to floor and frame. Will this be enough to assure that the damage to the rockers wont cause the car to fold? I don't know if I'm going to have time this winter to replace the rockers and I'd still like to be able to drive it again after the snow clears.

Thanks for the help!

I would try to post some pics.Think you'll get a lot more informed response.JMO8)

-
Back