Strut Question

-

Itravelforfun

Reaction score
We are doing a swap from the slant 6 to a 360 in my sons 74 dart sport. I am using the 318 K-member and front disc brakes off of a 73 swinger. Do I need different strut bars? The donor car did not have any attached to the k-member when I got it.

Yes, you will need the V8 torsion bars. There's a left and right side they are not the same spring rate. Look it up! 65'

The question was strut bars! Not torsion bars. Use the ones for year of the K Frame & keep it simple.

The strut rods should be the same, the torsion bars would be larger diameter for the v8

Yes , I have new larger v8 torsion bars, just didn't know if the mounting of the struts from the LCA to the new k-member is the same length as the ones that were with the slant 6 k-member. Thanks for any input

Yes, the strut rods are the same between 73-74 cars. They are slightly different in length from the 72 and back cars tho, and the 73 and up struts use a coarse thread on the LCA side, whereas the 72 and earlier ones have fine threads there! You should be fine using them from either 73 or 74

Mancini Racing carries thicker strut rods for more strength than stock...

-
Back