66 Dartman

Reaction score
Hi all. Stupid question i'am changing the strut rod bushings got it all apart
with no problems but the bushing stayed on the stud that goes through
the k frame is this normal ????
Here's a pic.
Thanks.

0326101416-00.jpg

I dont' know how you did that! you should have removed the front nut off the spindle bolt, then tapped it with a brass mallet. The spindle would have come out the back with the LCA.

What you are looking at is the LCA spindle, not the LCA strut.

Yup i removed the nut and gave it a tap then used a pry bar between the lca and the k frame????

It looks like the pivot for the LCA is still in the K Frame!

The stud for the lca pivot came out of the k frame by hand here's a pic the sleve is still on it all the rubber is like saw dust i think i'll have to order new ones damm!!!

0326101510-00.jpg

Now its decision time:

1) if you are going to use stock rubber LCA bushings, you need to do three things: a) use a cutoff wheel and lightly slice down 1/8" through the sleeve that is on the pin, and remove it. b) use a chisel and drive / cut the outer shell off the T-bar socket. c) use the pin to drive the new LCA bushing into the Tbar socket as 1 piece.

2) if you use poly bushings, only the rubber part is provided. 1) remove the old rubber (burning is nice but dirty).2) leave the inner on the spindle. 3) grease up the poly - start the bushing in the outer shell, then use the pin / sleeve and drive it all home in a press.

Either way...have fun.

Got her all apart ordered new moog bushings they'll be in on sat then time to get r dun
Nice weather is here time to put some miles on.

-
Back