Strut Rod

-

charliec

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My strut rod is ever-so-slightly bent just on the inside of or right at the knuckle. I wouldn't have known it if I hadn't rolled it across the floor and noticed a slight wobble in the threaded end. It can't be out more than a couple of degrees; it is barely visible, but there. Is this going to be a problem?

20170816_155408.jpg

Usually best to replace bent suspension parts. With that being said I have cold straightened strut rods that were slightly tweaked in a press.

It won't hurt a thing the way it is unless you are concerned about a 100 point restoration and anyone could ever notice.

Or, you could bend it back
Or you could get a brand new one.

Pick one. :D

sheeet - you should see the bend in my rod.. wait, that didn't come out right - I mean, it's only tweaked at the tip so it'll still fit just fine... no wait, um.. you're ok with that rod, it'll still do what it was made for... oh for Christ's sake.. just jam it back in there, use the rod you've got... :BangHead: - damn it, I'm out.

sheeet - you should see the bend in my rod.. wait, that didn't come out right - I mean, it's only tweaked at the tip so it'll still fit just fine... no wait, um.. you're ok with that rod, it'll still do what it was made for... oh for Christ's sake.. just jam it back in there, use the rod you've got... :BangHead: - damn it, I'm out.
:rofl:

I have a set i just removed off of the dart

-
Back