strut rods

-

spikekid999

MOPAR OR NO CAR!!!
Reaction score
is there any advantage to the aftermarket adjustable strut rods?
since I'm putting hydraulics (just simple up down, no hopping) I'm thinking the factory strut rods will bind and or bend. I notice the adjustable versions have a heim joint on the k-frame end, so I'm thinking because of this the LCA will be able to move smoothly through its travel and not bind and wipe out the bushings of the stockers

The advantage to the adjustable strut rods is being able to set them so that they don't bind. With changes in bushings, the height of the car, alignment etc it becomes necessary to change the length of the strut rod. It's a problem especially with aftermarket strut rod and lca bushings, because they aren't the same as the originals were. Also necessary when using poly bushings for the same reason.

Basically, the stock strut rods are only the right length with a factory alignment at the factory ride height with OE bushings. And maybe not always even then because of Ma Mopars less than stringent factory tolerances.

Looked up the adjustables, at $300 I think I'll build my own.
Hoping that with the heim joint on the k-frame end that it won't bind as the suspension will be goin from full collapsed to full droop multiple times any time it gets driven

-
Back