stuck thermostat?

-
under normal circumstances, i suppose you are correct, but in this particular case there was no space for air to either escape or sneak in

i dont know why, but when i pried the thermostat off i could feel it sucking in air

swells up like a river in the springs, it was moving real nice, with a little bit of foam on top

the point of removing the thermostat was not so much to fix the issue as it was to troubleshoot it

no spring, but also not collapsing

sure looks that way, i took her out for about a half our spin today and all is well
i even put her through the most gruesome of cooling test...the burger king drive through

The first pic is after driving for about 15 minutes

The second pic is while idling for 7-8 minutes in the drive through

The last picture is about one minute after pulling out of the drive through

View attachment 1716114984

View attachment 1716114985

View attachment 1716114986
Lookin good!

under normal circumstances, i suppose you are correct, but in this particular case there was no space for air to either escape or sneak in

i dont know why, but when i pried the thermostat off i could feel it sucking in air

swells up like a river in the springs, it was moving real nice, with a little bit of foam on top

the point of removing the thermostat was not so much to fix the issue as it was to troubleshoot it

no spring, but also not collapsing

sure looks that way, i took her out for about a half our spin today and all is well
i even put her through the most gruesome of cooling test...the burger king drive through

The first pic is after driving for about 15 minutes

The second pic is while idling for 7-8 minutes in the drive through

The last picture is about one minute after pulling out of the drive through

View attachment 1716114984

View attachment 1716114985

View attachment 1716114986

Yep, looks good.

-
Back