Stupid coffeemaker question....

-

RustyRatRod

I was born on a Monday. Not last Monday.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Ok I admit it. When my coffeemaker craps out, I always replace it with the cheapest one I can find.....so that said, I am sure that's part of the problem. Now, onto my dilemma.

When I make a pot, it is always nice and HOT and stays that way until I finish the pot or turn it off. But, lets say I don't finish the pot and turn it off like maybe if we're goin somewhere. Don't like leavin stuff on you know. When I come back and turn it back on, it never heats it back up to as hot as it was. Luke warm at best.

Is there a decent coffeemaker that'll get it back HOT again once it's cooled off? I ain't spendin no hundred bucks on a coffeemaker, either. COFFEE is all I'm talkin about here. Not some kinda espresso, latte, starbucks high fallutin mess either.

Rob, why not pour the fresh coffee into a thermos carafe so it won't get stronger and stronger as it sits but still stays hot? If it cools a bit, then nuke the cup in the microwave? This is how I do the job.

Anyway, enjoy!

I like it getting stronger. LOL

Pour a cup stick it in the micro. For 30 secs or so.
I guess. I don't drink the stuff myself, except as a system cleaner.
Opps see gtx man beat me to it.

Yeah......but therein lies another problem. I am peculiar with nuking stuff. I try to avoid it if at all possible.

no help now BUT next time you buy a new coffee making look for one with an insulated carafe rather then a glass one

i have one (so it couldnt have been that expensive) and it will run coffee, and shut itself off once the pot is full
the coffee then stays hot for hours (providing i dont drink it all to at once)

I will even drink 8 hour old coffee... The cheapies we got have the auto shut off, which turns it off after 2 hours. I will turn it back on, OR I will add another scoop or 2 of grinds on top of the "old" grinds. Add some new water and good to go, kinda "freshens" the old stuff up. Plus I dont like to waste squat..LOL

I picked up an old perculater old style coffee maker and I love it , my brother even comes over for it and
Is now looking for him one. Hot and the longer you let it set on the stronger it gets. I just plug it back in and it takes off perking.. it looks like a rocket ship.

Hey, Rob. You were right about one thing, that is a stupid coffee maker question. :poke:

I guess I should have counted on that. Certainly nothing constructive.

I will even drink 8 hour old coffee... The cheapies we got have the auto shut off, which turns it off after 2 hours. I will turn it back on, OR I will add another scoop or 2 of grinds on top of the "old" grinds. Add some new water and good to go, kinda "freshens" the old stuff up. Plus I dont like to waste squat..LOL

this is what I do too. it keeps my coffee cost down.
I drink alot of coffee, got a cup on the table now, lol

I have a Keurig. Two actually, one in the kitchen and one in my office.
Fresh hot cup every time. I prefer dark roasted bold coffee. Maxwellhouse has a great Dark Italian Roast, and so does Eight o'Clock.

Be the Pisces you are Rob and do like me, pour the cold coffee in a cup and drink it.

Old GE perculator. Just plug it back in and have nice hot coffee. Plus it looks cool and you can carry it out to the shop.

http://www.amazon.com/Velocity-10-Cup-Coffee-Brewer-Black/dp/B000FFILRO/ref=sr_1_2?s=appliances&ie=UTF8&qid=1418269682&sr=1-2&keywords=bunn+coffee+maker[/URL]......... will re heat the coffee no problem woth every penny

Fresh hot cup every time. I prefer dark roasted bold coffee. Maxwellhouse has a great Dark Italian Roast, and so does Eight o'Clock.

+1 here. Love my Keurig. I only drink a cup a day so it's perfect for me. Brews quick and the flavors you can get are great.

Yeah......but therein lies another problem. I am peculiar with nuking stuff. I try to avoid it if at all possible.
You are not alone with this....

OR I will add another scoop or 2 of grinds on top of the "old" grinds. Add some new water and good to go, kinda "freshens" the old stuff up.
Had a buddy in AZ that used to do this. After the second go around he would scoop out half of the grinds so he could put some "fresh" ones in...On Sundays he would dump it and start "fresh".

We have a Keurig as well. We use those refillable cups in it...

Iced Coffee is an excellent hot weather drink.
My Dad loved iced coffee. My mothers coffee was strong...beyond strong. My Dad would get home from work and pour it into a glass with some ice. Her coffee had an oil slick floating on it by the time he would get home from work...

Stove top percolator. Never fails and when you want to heat up, flip the stove on and it's hot as hell.

Nothing stupid about coffee :)

-
Back