Stupid Question 101

-

65Vart

Reaction score
Help, I just tried to reattach my Ebrake cables. There is no way on god's earth they seem long enough, I changed the two rear cables when I swapped the rear end out but that shouldn't matter because the rear brackets for the cables obviously hold them in the same spot in relation to the main cable so WTF. Do I need longer clips (join the rears to the main) does someone make them? Anybody ever run into this?

did you back off the adjusting nut on the long rod all the way.... if you can take it out of the frame, then hook the rears in, then reattach to frame..... also make sure your foot pedal is up and the front cable is pulled back .....

How "stock" do you want the set up ? I had little to work with and had to fab one of the C-clips. After that it was hardware store steel cable, cable clamps, run the yoke adjustment all the way out, thread the new cable thru one C-clip and three cable clamps, thread cable thru yoke to other C-clip, three cable clamps after pulling tight, and run the yoke adjustment up. Again, it's not stock and doesn't "look" the best but isn't seen and with correct clamp installation is just as effective and safe as stock.

Please enlighten me sir

And the rest of us.

Take the rear wheels off , remove the rear drums, remove the rear e-brake cable from the rear e-brake adjustment arm, then pull the cables together.....once you get the cables together then you can install back on the e-brake arms....you should gain 3 to 4 inches of cable... This is just a guess, Its like trying to fix a car through the phone.....I don;t even know what kind of car you are working on. Good luck

Thanks, ended up getting some longer joiners. Will be ordering a new 102 inch intermediate cable tomorrow. I noticed the old one is frayed in a spot or two so may as well change the sucker.

If all the e-brake parts were on the car originally then they should fit. Unless of course you swapped in e-brake cable/parts from a Duster/Demon with 108" wheel base to a 110" wheel base Dart?

-
Back