Stupid question for the day

-

godspeedglen

Reaction score
I have a magnum 360 I'm trying to find a flex plate for. (It's a crate motor). i am putting on efi and need the flex plate to have the crank signal on the flex plate. Does anybody know if the stock OEM flex plate from a truck will fit to a 904? I was looking up some stuff today and the flex plates are listed specifically for 904 or 727. I wouldn't think the trans would matter so much as the crank bolt pattern and the converter bolt location. Your thoughts please....

The reason 727's and 904's are listed differently is 904's used a smaller converter so the bolt pattern was smaller. With that said it's a crap shoot as to "will it fit" but if it doesn't you may be able to take it to a machine shop and have new holes drilled.

On another note, have you tried looking up a truck with a 5.2 or 5.9 V8 that had a A500 trans. behind it? The A500 is basically a 904 with overdrive. I'm not sure if they ever used a A500 behind a V8 but if they did it should work for you.

the only V-8 trucks I could find with the 500 trans were 5.2l. Hmm.

Hum... That could be a problem since Mopar generally only used the HD trans (A518) behind 360's. Your only option may be having a A518 flex plate re-drilled

What the heck is up with this board putting a smiley face where an 8 is supposed to be????? That's supposed to read A518 and it won't edit

I have a 904 behind my 360 magnum. I used the stock flexplate but needed to enlongate one of the converter bolt holes to work. Magnum converters have symmetrical bolts while the older LA stuff have one bolt slightly off. Unfortunately nobody makes a flexplate to mate a 360 magnum to a 904 anymore. The easiest way will be to use a neutral balance converter and a magnum flexplate with the balance weight already installed (97-up I believe).

-
Back