Stupid SFI question?

-

mopowers

Reaction score
I bought new sfi flexplate. It has the sfi cert number engraved on it. It also came with the standard sfi sticker, but none of the numbers are punched out. It's also not stuck to the part. The sticker just came in a baggy. Shouldn't the sticker have been punched and placed on the flexplate? Sorry for such a dumb question. I'm just curious about this one. I realize no one would ever check for a sfi certed flexplate.

One I purchased years ago had the sticker on the flex plate. I would put it on in case someone actually looks for it at the track. Better safe than sorry.

Just a guess here, but you probably punch the month and year when you install it.

keep the sticker in the bag and don't punch it out. wait and see if anyone ever checks the plate. if they do punch it out and put it on for your next race at that track.

Thanks bob. Another thing I noticed were the dates on the sticker. They latest date was 2009!!! I just bought this flexplate last month. What's up with that? I'll take a picture of the sticker when I get home.

-
Back