STURGIS BIKE RALLY ,Going? Alice Cooper is!!

-

wyoduster

live free or die
Reaction score
Well its that time of the year... The largest bike rally in the world will start next week August 3....
So who's going? I go every year.. I'll be there Sunday night for Alice Cooper concert and the Monday to see the KISS concert. Lots of Whiskey will be drank and fun will be had.
Yea I've been around that long even though all my 8 tracks are worn out....
Thats my wife on Main street!!

sturgis 2004 014 (Small).jpg

absolutley, dont know if im going the first weekend or the second weekend yet, depends of my work schedule. the sportster will make its first trip to sturgis. Ive gone every year for the last three years.

I was soo excited for the alice cooper concert the two years ago that i left my camping spot at 7:30 (concert didnt start till 10:00 or 10:30), so that i would have enough time to make it there, across town. by 10:00 i was pissed because it was so packed that i sat in traffic the whole time and was only halfway to the buffalo chip.....didnt get to see one of my favorite bands of all time. mabe ill acually get to see alice cooper this year

Are there any rallies that haven't sold out to corporate America? I'm not trying to say it in a bad way. I would like to go to a rally but, I've heard Sturgis has gotten so expensive and popular it's hardly any fun once you get there. Sounds like it gets pretty congested there. I guess I'm thinking back when there where alot less harley owners running around.......and I still need to pick one up soon:) Thinking about the new 1200 nightster. Saw one at a car show and really liked the lines and details.

absolutley, dont know if im going the first weekend or the second weekend yet, depends of my work schedule. the sportster will make its first trip to sturgis. Ive gone every year for the last three years.

I was soo excited for the alice cooper concert the two years ago that i left my camping spot at 7:30 (concert didnt start till 10:00 or 10:30), so that i would have enough time to make it there, across town. by 10:00 i was pissed because it was so packed that i sat in traffic the whole time and was only halfway to the buffalo chip.....didnt get to see one of my favorite bands of all time. mabe ill acually get to see alice cooper this year

I was there two years ago ...What a show!! Stay at the Chip Its a all night party. And after the concert you don't have to ride anywhere.... Monday night we'll be at Lampere Campground ,thats beside Glencoe,Where KISS is playing.

No offense but, it just seems so overrun with people who TOW their bikes there. I know that there are some true riders who go but it just seems so overblown. Way too many people in one place trying to act cool instead of being cool...... Mid-Summer dress-up haloween for for doctors and lawyers.

Back in the day we used to ride to Elkhart Lake WI every year for the super bike races. We'd have about 20-30 bikes in the pack. All kinds of bikes from Cowasuckis and Suckzukis to Ducatis and Laverdas plus Hardley Doesanythings to Beat My Wife's and Triumphs with Lucas electricals (Lucas, the god of darkness lol!) and some Nortons too.

We'd all pack our own tent and sleep at one guy's Mom's farm and have a big bonfire and get stinking drunk. Almost all of us worked in the motorycle industry and had free passes to the vendor tents with free beer, ribs, keychains, t-shirts, etc. ****, i still have my leather Parts Unlimited keychain from back then. I'll stare at it once in while when my keys are sitting on the bar counter, desk, coffee table or wherever and remember those friends....Some dead, some still alive somewhere.... and think I can still smell the campfire on it. Some of those great memories are private, for me and me alone, to pull up when I'm feeling blue. Everyone had a good time. I miss those days. I didn't have **** but I didn't care either. I had a job, my bike, a pickup and all the part time girlfriends I could handle. That was all I wanted and all I needed. Then I met a serious girlfriend and she fkd it all up and I moved to Colorado, lol!

Ramcharger, Now those are the times that I'm talking about. Sounds like you have some great memories!! minus the serious gf part...........Man, Why does life get so complicated that you can't just pack up and go anytime you feel like it?

Ramcharger, Now those are the times that I'm talking about. Sounds like you have some great memories!! minus the serious gf part...........Man, Why does life get so complicated that you can't just pack up and go anytime you feel like it?

No joke my friend. I can't answer the second part other than we do it to ourselves. I was going to expound on this as I like to write and I'm kickin' back in the garage and I'm on my 8th Heineken, lol! I should be scraping gaskets in anticipation of my cam install but I needed a break.

I've had a pretty crazy life and I won't get into it unless I know someone in person. That's just the way I am. I'm a fun guy to talk to in the bar though...LOL! I've got some stories......:clock:

I quit going to Sturgis back in '93 when it seemed to be over run with wannabe's in shorts and sandals, thinking a showroom bike with straight pipes made you a biker, not the miles you laid down and time in the saddle. Maybe I am just showing my age and my attitude. But I remember when Triumphs, BSA, and Harleys were all that you saw at these rally's and on the road getting there (and an occaisonal ricer burning in a tree somewhere like an outlaw at a lynching) not saying it was right but the parties were a lot wilder, the women a lot looser, and the brotherhood a lot tighter, and the drugs a lot better .... But hey those are just my experiences...LOL

My brother in law is ridden his Harley from Washington State w/a friend of his. Wish I could have done it myself, but all in good time, some day I will.

Take a trip down Nemo road. I haven't been to Sturgis since 2000. But, I can't wait to go back. Mt. Rushmore is awesome.

Have fun and be safe. Lot's of idiots out there.

-
Back