sub frame connector question

-

freshayr

Reaction score
I bought a set of sub frame connectors for the 68 barracuda from Mancini. The drivers side looks like it mounts over the hole that the E-Brake cable goes through. Anybody have any experience here? thanks

Yup. I drilled a new hole and moved the cable over with no problems. Other put a hole in the connector and run the cable threw it but that seems like it would weeken it.

thanks Adam....that is what I was thinking of doing also. Did you get an extra set of plates with yours? what did you do with them?

Yes I did. They go on the back side of the frame. In otherwords your sandwiching the crossmember between those plates and the ones welded to the frame connector. I didnt use mone though. I welded mine in place.

Also Mine dont sit flush in the back. they hit the floor boards I should have sliced the floor to get them in right and welded them to the floor.

Come on now! Why would a car that needs frame connector need a parking brake. Trashcan it.

All these cars need frame connectors. If I jack up my car be the front sub-frame the door will not close after I open it. It's a good 1/4" off on the striker.

Now with the 360 under hard acceleration the clutch binds on release. Not 100% sure it the car twisting but it's a good bet. Sub-frame connectors are my next mod.

In an early post on this board I asked "At what hp level do you need the subframe connector" and I got a reply that said..."If you put a 5 hp briggs and stratton in it you need them"

dusterdon said:
Come on now! Why would a car that needs frame connector need a parking brake. Trashcan it.
'Cause I want to drive mine on the street and a parking brake is REQUIRED for the state safety inspection.

I made a little bracket that I welded to the bottom side of the frame to hold the end of the outer part of the cable. This made it cross underneath the frame connector free and clear.

-
Back