[WANTED] Sub frame connectors

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Instead of buying something you have to modify, maybe you could make your own? Here's what I'm doing on my 68. I got this idea from a couple people on an E-body site I'm on. Not sure how much this would transfer to your early-A. I just went to the metal shop down the road from work and bought a couple lengths of 1x2 square tubing (1/8" wall thickness) and cut holes in the frame to insert them. I'm also adding some 1" round tubing every 6" which should really add a lot of torsional strength. Total cost for the 1x2 tubing and 1" round tubing was about $24. With this setup I'll still be able to install the brake and fuel lines as 1 piece.
DSC04286.jpg

DSC04284.jpg

Instead of buying something you have to modify, maybe you could make your own? Here's what I'm doing on my 68. I got this idea from a couple people on an E-body site I'm on. Not sure how much this would transfer to your early-A. I just went to the metal shop down the road from work and bought a couple lengths of 1x2 square tubing (1/8" wall thickness) and cut holes in the frame to insert them. I'm also adding some 1" round tubing every 6" which should really add a lot of torsional strength. Total cost for the 1x2 tubing and 1" round tubing was about $24. With this setup I'll still be able to install the brake and fuel lines as 1 piece.
View attachment 1715559159

View attachment 1715559160
I made mine from 3X3X.125" Material.

sub frame connectors.jpg

subframe install.jpg

sub frame2.jpg

frame rail complete.jpg

I have a set like the ones in the link provided in the second response - they are for the shorter wheelbase Valiant/Barracuda. PM if interested.

Thanks ,those won’t work for me as the floor has been changed and does not have the contours.
I’m Already into fabrication.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back