Sublime green hi-temp engine paint?

-

73 408 Duster

Reaction score
Hello,

While not a specific mechanical big block question, this paint will be going on a 400 b-block so I guess this is the right forum to post this question in.

I am building a 73 Duster with a 451. The plan as of now is that the car is going to have a plum crazy purple exterior and matching engine compartment with sublime green accents, including the engine block. Question is, does someone make/sell sublime green hi-temp. engine paint, I cannot seem to find it anywhere?

At my local parts stores all I can find is grabber green which is more like a neon green and will not work.

Thanks

Like this? This was how we got it and a case of paint.

Attachments

• louis charger 005.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 3,822
Sweet!!! Thanks for posting the picture of the engine I like it! I know this color combination is different but why not, might as well have some fun with it?

Little off topic I know, but I figured I would post a picture of the custom AAR Stripes I just got from Challenger Gary that will be going on this car so you can better visualize what I am going for. Back to my original question does anyone know of a off the shelf sublime green hi-temp. paint?

Thanks

Attachments

• duster full body strobed stripe.pdf
    12.4 KB · Views: 283
Hello,

While not a specific mechanical big block question, this paint will be going on a 400 b-block so I guess this is the right forum to post this question in.

I am building a 73 Duster with a 451. The plan as of now is that the car is going to have a plum crazy purple exterior and matching engine compartment with sublime green accents, including the engine block. Question is, does someone make/sell sublime green hi-temp. engine paint, I cannot seem to find it anywhere?

At my local parts stores all I can find is grabber green which is more like a neon green and will not work.

Thanks

best bet is to go to a body shop supply house and buy some epoxy primer and a high solids urathane paint mixed tot he color you want..

it will look awesome and hold up great.

this is the paint i used on my motor..

3.8 Polyurethane System - High Solids System
U-TECH 3.8 System High Solids low VOC 2K Polyurethane single stage topcoat designed to produces a very flexible impact resistant film. U-TECH 3.8 Polyurethane, incredible hiding power that meets the productivity needs of the Fleet market as well as the light commercial to heavy commercial markets.

More importantly the intermix tinting system allows for color formulas available for both fleet and automotive saving time and reducing cost.
3.8%20Polyurethane%20System%20-%20High%20Solids%20System.jpg

this is the primer i used...

E380 Series Epoxy Primer/Sealer
A high-build epoxy primer/sealer designed for one coat application over sanded finished and sandblasted metals resulting in a uniform finish prior to top coating.
U-Tech%20E380.jpg

5-17-05002.jpg

-
Back