Successfully Install Torsion Bar Boots

-

74Dart318

Reaction score
Anyone every successfully install these Poly Torsion Bar boots? I remember when I put the PST 1.03 bars on I tried everything but was unsuccessful.

Installing some Swa-A-Way bars and I just don’t see how it’s possible haha
E033085E-2CB6-4AAE-8D07-3832E27F6C0D.jpeg
DE5C74FA-2D3E-426F-9E16-7658217ABECE.jpeg
9A953AEF-2FB4-4E52-ABC0-D3B34AE69C81.jpeg

Sorry guys I posted this more out of the general frustration

I do see some threads with suggestions. Just wanted to vent a little.

I helped a worthless loser with his car. I told him to boil some water and put the bushings in the pot after taking it off the stove.

Wait 'till we tell you now that the bushings need to be put on after you slip the bars through the cross member sockets... :D

WOW ! Did it work ?:rofl:
Oh yeah.
The guy was a whiny assclown.
Ever heard of Tom Sawyer? You know, the guy that fooled people into helping him?
I took pity on this prick because yes, he was an old guy and he was restoring a car that I like....a '68 Charger.
It took me awhile but I caught on to his bullshit.
I told him that I would help him with a few things on the car. The front suspension was one of those things. He didn't know jack squat about cars but blew apart this valuable classic and was clueless as to how to restore all the parts and get it all back together right.
I told the fucktard that I would do ONE side while he watches, then he could do the other side. He'd **** things up, complain about being old, take multiple breaks and just **** around. This idiot actually tried to install an upper control arm UPSIDE DOWN .....with the ball joint stud pointing UP. Each thing he did took forever and had a 50/50 chance of being wrong.
The final straw was engine install day. Three of us car club guys showed up to help but this feeble old dork didn't have any tools ready, no food, no drinks or snacks. This was a hot day in the summer with no shade. I had to use all my own tools. I had to run the show, direct the guys on what to do all the while this idiot walked in circles and watched. Each time he walked by, I suggested that he should jump in and help. By the time the headers were in, I picked up my tools and left.
I knew that if I didn't stay to finish, the other 2 guys would be lost and get nothing done or screw things up. They were enthusiastic and nice but not as knowledgeable as my other car buddies.

Wait 'till we tell you now that the bushings need to be put on after you slip the bars through the cross member sockets... :D

Not a problem. Was able to install the bars with the boots on. Just slipped them through from the front of the car and then push them back forward into the control arms

Obviously, the boots are there to keep trash from entering the cup that holds the hex end of the bar. But, what if its just not used at all? If its such a PIA to put on, what if you just don't use it?

Obviously, the boots are there to keep trash from entering the cup that holds the hex end of the bar. But, what if its just not used at all? If its such a PIA to put on, what if you just don't use it?
The sockets should be packed with grease after install. The boot is needed , OEM boots are good enough easy to install.

Oh yeah.
The guy was a whiny assclown.
Ever heard of Tom Sawyer? You know, the guy that fooled people into helping him?
I took pity on this prick because yes, he was an old guy and he was restoring a car that I like....a '68 Charger.
It took me awhile but I caught on to his bullshit.
I told him that I would help him with a few things on the car. The front suspension was one of those things. He didn't know jack squat about cars but blew apart this valuable classic and was clueless as to how to restore all the parts and get it all back together right.
I told the fucktard that I would do ONE side while he watches, then he could do the other side. He'd **** things up, complain about being old, take multiple breaks and just **** around. This idiot actually tried to install an upper control arm UPSIDE DOWN .....with the ball joint stud pointing UP. Each thing he did took forever and had a 50/50 chance of being wrong.
The final straw was engine install day. Three of us car club guys showed up to help but this feeble old dork didn't have any tools ready, no food, no drinks or snacks. This was a hot day in the summer with no shade. I had to use all my own tools. I had to run the show, direct the guys on what to do all the while this idiot walked in circles and watched. Each time he walked by, I suggested that he should jump in and help. By the time the headers were in, I picked up my tools and left.
I knew that if I didn't stay to finish, the other 2 guys would be lost and get nothing done or screw things up. They were enthusiastic and nice but not as knowledgeable as my other car buddies.
Wow! Sounds like he made an impact. lol

I bought a pair of boots and clips from Classic Industries that were made of a little bit softer rubber. They slipped on with the greatest of ease (along with a touch of petroleum jelly).

-
Back