Suddenly... I hate GM/Ford.

-

Asktoro

Reaction score
I generally like the cars to a degree, some are nice... I found some pretty amazing heads by trickflow called twisted wedge and they only make them for ford/chevy. Summit catalog I get? 45% of the ****'s Chevy. 30% is ford 25% of it is mopar.:wack:

So many good parts, heads and such and were getting excluded from the market :| time to strike back...... lets paper/electronic bomb companies with demands for mopar parts! :protest::protest::protest::protest::protest::protest::protest::protest:

I'd say more like 7-10% mopar parts in Summit or Jegs. You mentioned heads; there are usually a couple pages of Chevy heads, maybe a page of ford heads, and maybe... 3 sets of Mopar heads (big block and small block combined).

Yeah, there's not a lot of Mopar at Summit.

Those trick flow heads are awesome. They shelf-stock CNC ported versions also.

You think you're pissed now, wait till you see the Airflow Research stuff....

Mopar small blocks have better heads now than ever before, but they can't compare to those, and for some reason when people make heads for Mopar they still do it in iron.....

Been tried before. It doesn't work. Mopar was out of the V8 RWD market what....26 years? Yeah. That kinda lets the competition leave you in the dust. The rustang and cajunko took off and left them. It's no one's fault but Mopar's.

Since I like my Mopars and Blue Ovals, it would seem its more like 85%, 10%, 5%.

I have a joke, parts come in two types, GM or Universal fitment. Universal Fits Ford and Mopar, and is the GM part with extra crap that doesn't work.

Trick Flow was nothing but Ford heads. Summit Racing bought them and now there is nothing but GM heads, I guess entering a flooded market and ignoring the market that got the company famous was the business model of Summit. Granted they make good Ford heads, but found a need to gouge you for not being a Chebby fanboy.

If you seen the specs of twisted wedge heads you'd brick too. I asked if they'd custom make me a set for a chrysler block. 99.9999% chance they're going to say no.

Simple as all hell to beat the SNOT outta the twisted wedge gimmick. Build a stock headed HEMI.

-
Back