suggestions for my 340?

-
I can tell you for sure it is low geared, I dont know the exact ratio Number, but based on tire size, rpm,and speed (gps verified)... it is in the high 3.8x or low 3.9x area for a rear gear ratio. It is a sure grip as well. I am planning on taller/fatter rear tires shortly. Intention is to help with the gearing.

It is indeed a 340. Saw the numbers on the side of the block. Just not sure if its numbers matching or not.

Good heads are planned, just not at this minute.

probably just going to do intake manifold and maybe carb for now, and build myself a motor so I know exactly what I have. I will keep the motor in it for a 'tame' setup.

side of block says 2780930-340-4 (not sure if 4 is last # or not, hard to tell). VIN is VS29H3B348450 . bah, thats the wrong block casting... need to see if its matchng numbers. gotta find the plate.

the headers are brand new never installed dougs headers and ceramic coated. picked up the headers, ***not sure if they are dougs or not as there is no label***. 2 of the primaries are slip-ins on both sides. Can anyone identify them?

IMAG0214_zps7b2b176e.jpg

you don't know what gears you have not sure about the engine-- but you want to go faster. That is one vague & expensive statement.

This made me laugh. Anyway I'll bet you have 355 ish gears. You have to factor in at least 500rpm of converter slip when calculating with an auto trans.

you don't know what gears you have not sure about the engine-- but you want to go faster. That is one vague & expensive statement.

This made me laugh. Anyway I'll bet you have 355 ish gears. You have to factor in at least 500rpm of converter slip when calculating with an auto trans.

yip. I just bought the car a few days before posting. guess I should have torn it down to bare metal before asking any questions? Im looking for guidelines of good parts/bad parts etc. This isnt the first time I've built a car. Just the first time a mopar small block car. rather not waste my money on crap parts or useless ones. Thanks for the attitude.

so a 3.55 gear rear end will have me revving at around 3700 rpm at ~67mph? interesting.

-
Back