Suggestions on heat issue

-

jhdeval

Reaction score
Ok it is now summer here in the south and my head is getting awfully hot. I am looking for suggestion on how to keep it cool. The issue is the heat transfer through the roof is unbearable. I do not have a head liner at this time. I am considering using Reflectix brand insulation and a high heat spray adhesive. According to the manufacturer it uses a similiar technology to thermos where it radiates the back out rather then allowing it to transfer in. Basically it seems to be tinfoil and bubble wrap. The basic principles work the question is does anyone think it will work in a car. This same company is the guys that sell the windshield shields that you see in a lot of cars. The silver and bubble wrap stuff.

JH,
rather than using the bubble wrap which is crap ( i have alot of experience with that in the metal building business)
I suggest you try a new roofing underlayment.
Its a spun polyester fabric with a foil face called Polaralum.

Their website:
http://www.heatbarriersystemsinc.com/productinformation/

Find a roofer with some left over from a job and use two layers and install with regular contact cement, to the roof and between layers.

we are pretty much at the triple digits here in Texas and I cant put my hand on the roof of the Missile, in the car the bottom of the insulation is warm but nothing compared to the outside metal surface.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo328.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 78
-
Back