Suggestions on wheel/tire combo for 71 Demon?

-

a34

The Etowah Flash
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I bought my son a 71 Demon for his first car. It has been converted to big bolt pattern. I would appreciate any suggestions and pics of wheel/tire combo's for this car.

I wouldn't mind a set of Cragar SS's for that old school look. I can't seem t find any used ones locally. I do have two 14" ralley's. I was thinking of maybe putting those up front with 15" ralley's in the rear. Not sure what size tires to run in that case. But, that would save a little dough.

I'm open to suggestions, what do you guys think?

I really like the Cragar SS look, do youself a favor and buy them new from Summit . . . no rust, no cracks, no bent wheels. You will save in the long run!

Here's my Demon with brand new Crager SS's.

Front: 235/60R14 with 14 x 6 SS's

Back: 255/60R15 with 15 x 8 SS's

Dan
72_340_Demon:snakeman:

Attachments

• Demon_Cragers_sm.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 668
What type of kid is he? Do him a favor and get him something he likes.... if your going to spend money and get new.... Im 32, and my taste and my fathers are different. I respect his magnum 500 love, but I love to hate them...

What type of kid is he? Do him a favor and get him something he likes.... if your going to spend money and get new.... Im 32, and my taste and my fathers are different. I respect his magnum 500 love, but I love to hate them...

I'm going to let him pick out what he wants, but he is on a budget. Mainly, I want him to see the choices out there and then we can start pricing, and he make the decision. He's only 13, so it's not like he can drop a $1000 on wheels and tires.

Understand, but you can get some good deals on Welds, the new boss 338s are somewhat reasonable, TTIIS, or even some of the newer mustang wheels? Im researching for my 67 Dart thats why I opened the thread...

225x70-14's on the front and 255x60-15's on the back and same same but with Rallyes

Attachments

• 105.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 649
  • 111.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 620
demon seed, what backspacing and size on the rears and is it stock rear suspension?

Maybe just get some painted steelies for now. if the budget is tight. They are only rims so pretty easy to upgrade later. Oh and the cragar soft 8's are a pretty good deal new if you guys are into those. I think for four rims 15x7 its like $220 with shipping from summit.

i have 2 15x8 rallys I want to sell big bolt pattern 4.5 back space!

Thanks, but I think the shipping from CA to GA would kill the budget.

depends on the budget and the shipping method.

LOL, yeah, I guess it does. What do you want for them and what is shipping going the cheapest method to zip code 30101?

Are they bare wheels? Any bends, dings, damage, etc? Please send pics to r_gann at bellsouth dot net.

Thanks !

dont have pics...They were used for less than 200 miles, no rust at all or bends. I paid 90 each from summit... I would like 70 each? plus shipping let me know and then ill look for shipping price. Ill be near them again next week i believe

dont have pics...They were used for less than 200 miles, no rust at all or bends. I paid 90 each from summit... I would like 70 each? plus shipping let me know and then ill look for shipping price. Ill be near them again next week i believe

It's up to you, I don't want to waste your time. $70/ea isn't bad, but I think the shipping will put them over $90/wheel. At that point, I could just order new from Summit.

then you would have to pay shipping for them. How much does a wheel weigh 25 or less? If i find the shipping we can work a deal for 180shipped or something even if I lose money.

Hey Guys,

I bought my son a 71 Demon for his first car. It has been converted to big bolt pattern. I would appreciate any suggestions and pics of wheel/tire combo's for this car.

I wouldn't mind a set of Cragar SS's for that old school look. I can't seem t find any used ones locally. I do have two 14" ralley's. I was thinking of maybe putting those up front with 15" ralley's in the rear. Not sure what size tires to run in that case. But, that would save a little dough.

I'm open to suggestions, what do you guys think?

To stay w/i budget, I suggest a matching pair for the rallye wheels you already have. In terms of tire sizes, it depends on how wide your rims are. I run cop car wheels on the Demon and Magnum 500s on the Dart. Both sets are BBP, 15 x 7 with 4¼" back spacing. The Demon runs 235/60s, the Dart runs 205/60s. IMO it's better to run the same size all around as larger tires in the rear tend to promote understeer (until the throttle is used to break the rear tires loose).

For the sake of discussion, let's say you find another pair of rallye wheels and that they are 14 x 5½". A 205/70-14 tire will put more tread on the ground than Mopar ever did on the A-body. It will fit properly on the rim and "fill up" the wheel well visually better than a 205/60-14 would.

I think the color helps determine which wheels look best. Here's my E70x14x5.6 front and G60x15x8 Polyglas with small bolt pattern rallyes

Attachments

• A My Demon 2.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 451
Let me know willing to work a deal to get these gone and stay with in your budget. Summit would want 90+ with 10shipping plush the extra weight charge of 10? thats 200..
I can do 165 shipped?

Thanks, gonna pass on the wheels. Not a bad deal, but by the time I buy the center caps and trim rings, we're spending more than we want to. Thanks for reaching out to me.

-
Back