Suggestions...should I?

-

67DARTGTCONV

Reaction score
I am looking at buying a car in the US. I cannot go down and see the car until 4 weeks from now but it does look I will probally buy it.
THe guy wants a deposit which he says he will return should I pass on the car.

Is there any way I can protect myself to ensure I wll get the money back if the deal falls through?

I think I have read here if the money is sent by postal service I have legal means to have it returned???

Suggestions??

I am looking at buying a car in the US. I cannot go down and see the car until 4 weeks from now but it does look I will probally buy it.
THe guy wants a deposit which he says he will return should I pass on the car.

Is there any way I can protect myself to ensure I wll get the money back if the deal falls through?

I think I have read here if the money is sent by postal service I have legal means to have it returned???

Suggestions??

I have no idea on how to have protection incase you don't buy it.

But with the internet and the great people on this site, where is the car?

Could you ask for someone to go look at it and then give you a detail

discription?

I have looked at cars in the past for people out of state and told them every chip, scratch and repairs I seen. Eddie bought the car I looked at for him, flew into Indy and had arranged to be picked up at airport and drove the car home to Alabama.

At the time I didn't have a camera cell phone, now most people have them. I probably talked to Eddie for 30 minutes while driving the car and then after I left to head home. Had I been able to send him pictures might have been better. He was very happy with it.

If the car was in the Indy area I would look at it for you.

Then maybe the deposit would not be a big deal.

My 2 Cents

-
Back