Suicide? Don’t do it, seek help...please!

-
Pray and ask. Christ Jesus will give you what you need, not on what you want.

Indoctrination from the start. How valuable is life. Abortion, call it a "fetus" and teach it is not
human yet.
Success , life is successful with what you have or what a person achieves. People with less or lower
education are looked down on. Now if you do not achieve the so called success then life is indoctrinated
into being less valuable.

Then when Success comes and they still can not find what they are looking for. Hollywood is a good
example.

People are shamed or threatened if they speak of certain topics. All this has to do with suicide.
Afraid to ask or afraid to speak.

Agree.
The basic instinct of all Gods creations is to survive .
Unless you have and live with this illness. And it is an illness.
It's hard to comprehend what people who have it go thru.
No rational thinking person wants to end there life.
You have walk that road to understand it,, and it's a dark lonely road.
And that's what the OP is saying. Look for the signs in others.

Keep fighting Rob. Last thing any of us want to do is let our children believe
Ending it us the right thing to do.

I pointed out your words to me in the thread about Bourdain in the N&P.

Those words are still with me to this day.

You're right, of course. It's hard to comprehend what it is until you live it.

The irrational becomes rational. Once the thought of it hits it becomes all to real.

I used to fall asleep at night thinking that Karli would come home to find Nick screaming in his crib, Cyrus screaming for Daddy behind the baby gate that blocked his room, and my brains all over the wall.

The scary part is when the realization sets in to just do it. Don't tell anyone. Hammer back and go. Just that easy, just that quick, with no one around to stop you and without the stereotypical note.

I think that's one of the reasons I appreciate threads like this as it gets people talking, maybe with an eye towards understanding and not overlooking someone you may know.

Killer of it is, for some there is no warning, no signs, no visible evidence.

A former coworker of mine shot himself sitting in his tree stand. He had just won a rifle in a raffle and told his mom he was going to the range at the back of the property to site it in.

She heard a gunshot and thought nothing of it. It wasn't til she realized that was the only shot she heard. She found his body in his stand. He had a note in his pocket that simply said, "I'm sorry."

Sorry for what, no one knows.know killing himself? For something he felt that "made" him do it? For hiding something all this time? For his third DUI that was probably gonna cost him job?

Things like this affect me hard.

There but for the Grace of God...

So, when I had a fellow members telling me I should go ahead and kill myself, in the midst of fantasizing about it was a double whammy to how I was already feeling.

My marriage was coming apart at the seams. My life seemed to be going no where. The pain was endless. I just wanted the pain to stop.

Folks, don't be afraid to reach out and find someone to talk to. 911 can take you for a free ride to the local behavioral science unit. The hotline can help with the irrational thoughts that seem so rational.

I'm not so sure I would take God completely out of the how to fix it equation. It occurred to me while reading through this that there would be a whole lot more suicides if it wasn't for the fact that God said don't do it...or else.

I'm not so sure I would take God completely out of the how to fix it equation. It occurred to me while reading through this that there would be a whole lot more suicides if it wasn't for the fact that God said don't do it...or else.

Sorry
. While I respect your thoughts on this. You are missing the big picture.
People who suffer with this need an actual voice on the other end to help.
It's all about rational thinking.
I read a note once. Jesus gave his life for me I'm giving mine for my family..

I've heard it described as a permanent solution to a temporary problem.. My daughter is a clinical physiologist and said there will be a spike in suicides now because they will see it as an acceptance of the act because of the personalities involved. As if; THEY can end it, why not someone like me. Pray for the troubled, and the wisdom for them that they are not alone, God is always with you ....... Isaiah 41:10

FWIW, my personal opinion is as was already said, people caught up in despair might feel it's the only way out of their situation. Also, the only thing they feel they have control over.
I have a disease that attacks my body in different places, at different times. There's no cure. The doctors don't even have aclear treatment. The prescriptions given don't work. I feel that if it ever gets bad enough where I have no quality of life, I would consider it an option. If I had cancer, and was terminal, I wouldn't want to be waiting around to be spending my life fighting for another month, filled with more doctors, and all the other things a cancer patient goes through, I would consider it an option. Disclaimer:I'm not going to commit suicide. I can't understand how people with everything, like the celebrities that just passed, don't seek the help they needed. If it's not something beyond your control, get some help. Supposedly Bourdain was lonely. A career change would have been a better choice. He should have gotten help. He could afford it.

"Supposedly Bourdain was lonely." Yeah, and I don't understand that. I've enjoyed his travels over the years and he seemed so easy with people. You would think someone that free with his life would really want to remain here. It was a shock that he would do this. Guess we don't know what darkness is in someones mind. I feel for his child.

My nephew did it a few days after his 21st birthday. Stuck the business end of a 30/30 Winchester in his mouth and pulled the trigger.
I think all he ever wanted was for his dad to tell him he loved him, but I’m sure he never heard it. Also he was jacked up on all kinds of drugs.

My nephew did it a few days after his 21st birthday. Stuck the business end of a 30/30 Winchester in his mouth and pulled the trigger.
I think all he ever wanted was for his dad to tell him he loved him, but I’m sure he never heard it. Also he was jacked up on all kinds of drugs.

Sorry to hear that.That just shows there all kind's of triggers that cause it.

Life has it bad times and suggest most of us have seen some.

Still what could be so bad to contemplate this?

Really do not not want to discuss this but belief there is a calling to comment. To many have lost what little religion that was there was to have, and believe a little faith and prayer cures lots of things. Stop, think and ask for help! God Bless!

Interesting that the number of priests who have committed suicide has gone up in recent years.
Not condemning the beliefs of folks here. just stating a fact.

Ram, thanks for telling your story and all the others who did as well. it can only help anyone in a hard spot.

as far as saying military suicide by people out of the military for years is not PTSD related. how would you know, where you there?
I know several former military who have been out for decades who still struggle with what happened while they served.
time can heal wounds but, it cant undo what was done.

My condolences.

As I told my ex, sometimes the struggles can be helped with a caress or a slap.

From my experience, the loved ones of those with mental illnesses have a hard knowing which is which and when to use them.

What the ones committing suicide don’t think about is that killing them selves doesn’t stop the pain, it simply transfers it to the people left behind.

Im only glad that my dad had already passed before Charlie killed himself, cause it would have killed him.

What the ones committing suicide don’t think about is that killing them selves doesn’t stop the pain, it simply transfers it to the people left behind.

Im only glad that my dad had already passed before Charlie killed himself, cause it would have killed him.

As I said in a previous post, the words of a good friend reminded me of that.

My boys look up to me. If I can't learn how to make my mental illness *my* *****, if I let it get the best of me, what example am I setting for them?

I can tell you, in the midst of the despair, the lonilessness in a crowd, the end to all the pain, the thought that someone actually cares is the furtherest thing one thinks about.

I sat on the floor one night, bawling my eyes out, and the person I loved the most in the world was thirty five minutes away, living with another guy. If the person you love the most doesn't love you, what hope that anyone does?

I'm not knocking my ex - it was a hard time on both of us and confusing for both of us. I was in a house full of memories with Christmas on us. Once the boys were in bed, no one was here, no one to break the lonilessness.

As I was decorating the tree, full of ornaments that we chose together, Cyrus picked up a pair of scissors off the table. When I took them away from him there was the knife.

I put it between my ribs and was about to jam it home when I looked down and saw my three year old son standing there looking up at me.

Thank God for both my sons! They are the sole reasons I'm still here to type this. Thank God for the blessings of these two He has put in my life to remember that no matter how hard it gets, no matter how much the bills stack up, no matter how much the depression tries to consume I have these two little ones who look at me with all the love two boys can love their dad!

And no matter what happens in my life, these boys *are* my life.

I wish everyone could have the peace and know that they have something, someone to live for.

Which is why the awareness made by talking about it, testifying to it, making it a topic is so important.

Ramenth, sorry to hear about all the things you’ve been dealing with.
I wish you all the best and hope that good things start coming your way.

I too had a point in my life when I thought no one would ever love me, then just by chance I met my wife, set beside her on an airplane and my life changed overnight. She called me for a date three days later and we’ve been together ever since. Coming up on 30th anniversary of our meeting.

You never know when something will come along and change things completely.
Hang in there bud.

as far as saying military suicide by people out of the military for years is not PTSD related. how would you know, where you there?
I know several former military who have been out for decades who still struggle with what happened while they served.
time can heal wounds but, it cant undo what was done.

I will assume this is directed at my post (which you entirely misread). I am not stating that PTSD does not exist or linger due to actions that happen in the military. I am stating that the numbers that are being politicized as service-related suicides are not accurate. It is not fair or just for this emotional rhetoric to paint most service members as suicidal, hair-triggered, damaged goods when the factual REALITY is that the overwhelming majority of Veterans do not have PTSD or service-related mental illness.

Period.

Saying otherwise is a disservice to the majority of Veterans (myself included).

If we keep allowing this false narrative to continue we will soon see military service become a liability instead of an asset.

Dec 25 2012. I wont go into the details because they are only important to me. I contemplated hanging myself in the garage. It got very dark in my mind, and very close to actually doing it. I do believe that God intervened in my life that day, instead of going to the garage, i picked up the phone and called my AA sponsor. I had not spoken to him in a long time, and i shared with him what was going on, after 2 hours on the phone i went to bed. The next morning it was like a switch had gone off, and i was now angry.

I went down to the office, finished filling out the divorce papers then on the 27th i got the ex wife and went to the court house to file for final divorce. 1 week later the judge came through and we were done, I had let her go after a year and a half of grieving and misery.

I wasn't out of the woods yet, in April of 2013, I crashed emotionally and had gotten into some severe depression. This time i called The local mental health office before i got to the point of suicide again, and told the intake worker what was taking place. we both agreed that i wasn't going to go on pills, i wanted some results, so they enrolled me in an online therapy course for depression. It was a 10 week course where you did 5 different workbooks and spoke to a real therapist as often as you needed.

This time i got VERY HONEST about absolutely everything that i was still carrying around in my head from childhood till this point. One thing i have learned in life is that we are as sick as our secrets. In 10 weeks i went from a 10 to a 0 with depression. I learned where my inner happiness comes from, and that people places and things, are just that, and can't keep you happy forever.

I have been sober 24 years now, and in that time i have become a different man. I am not ashamed to tell my story, i only hope it can help someone. I am not a religious man, i have become a spiritual man. I Believe in God as my higher power, and the Lord Jesus Christ as my personal saviour. Having said that, I pray everyday, and try to stay in gratitude...

Our pride, ego and fears can destroy us if we let them.

I am grateful to be alive today, i face my struggles and challenges head on and try to walk through the fear and ask for help along the way.

I will assume this is directed at my post (which you entirely misread). I am not stating that PTSD does not exist or linger due to actions that happen in the military. I am stating that the numbers that are being politicized as service-related suicides are not accurate. It is not fair or just for this emotional rhetoric to paint most service members as suicidal, hair-triggered, damaged goods when the factual REALITY is that the overwhelming majority of Veterans do not have PTSD or service-related mental illness.

Period.

Saying otherwise is a disservice to the majority of Veterans (myself included).

If we keep allowing this false narrative to continue we will soon see military service become a liability instead of an asset.

I stand corrected, I did misread/misunderstand. I am a huge believer that we need to do more for our service men and women. When they are in service and Definitely After.

There have been several first responders, Police Fire Ambulance workers who have taken their own lives as well, from seeing unspeakable things in their line of work. This is a wide spread issue.

Very elderly downstairs neighbor, still walked outside to cook a pot of beans and do the laundry (washing machine and grill were outside on the patio). Tripped over the garden hose and fractured both her hip and arm.

She got patched up at the hospital and came home to recuperate in bed. Lost all will to recover fully, refused to get out of bed, then refused to eat. Got bed sores, then died. I was thinking maybe she felt good helping out the family with washing and cooking while healthy, but felt "worthless" once she became more of an invalid. Maybe quit eating so as not to remain a "burden" for other family members.

I don't know her motivations, just thinking out loud. Sad story.

There have been several first responders, Police Fire AmDearbulance workers who have taken their own lives as well, from seeing unspeakable things in their line of work. This is a wide spread issue.

Dear Fisher,
I work at a level 1 in emergency and deal with a constant stream of psych, ODs and death. I am looking to take a step away from the front line (although I am not a first responder) and serve in more of a peripheral role. It is true what you say, that the tolls of emergency medicine and especially first responders add up. "Scoop and go" ....drop off pt....go to next car wreck....GSW....repeat.

-
Back