suicide doors?

-

Gnome

Reaction score
has anyone heard of or done suicide doors on the rear doors of a 4dr dart? my gf came up with the idea for hers but i am really unsure how to even start looking for kits or whatever it takes to do it.....

let me know what you think!

Interesting....

I think if you do a google search you'll find hinge kits out there for such a conversion.

By the way: welcome aboard!

i dont see why not. i love the old lincolns thats are like that from the factory. maybe go look at some mid 60's lincolns to get some ideas on it.

Buy the most expensive hinges you can find... I know people that had nightmare experiences w cheap hinges and poor shops.

www.suicidedoors.com

The Thorbecke bros know what it takes for suicide doors. Their focus is mini trucks, but have good kits, and like Super T said, get the best kit you can. Welding will be required!

Dang, now I am thinking about them for my truck.

Welcome to FABO! Thats a good idea. Would love to see a suicide door A body. Good luck with it and keep us up dated on it.

thanks for the link and the support! looks like the kit is $450.... a lot cheaper than i thought. now to tally up a list of honey-do's on this car. the first will be floor/ trunk pans and windshield gaskets...then to move onto the suicide doors :D it really does make me miss my old '66 fury 4dr. that would of been an awesome candidate too!

-
Back