Summers Bros. Axles still looking good after 40yrs

-

Hemioutlaw

Make America Great Again!
Reaction score
As part of my 69' Cuda Unmothballed project that i'm rejuvenating prior to release of Hell back on the streets of Texas...Today I started to go thru the rear drivetrain and checking for Shaft twist or spline wear on the axles which I personally built 40 yrs ago while working for Summers Bros as a young man, i'm proud to report that they still look good as new and this is after God knows how many Slicked 1320 and Street Tire shredding passes.

*For those that don't know scribing a straight line on your axle shafts is a good way to monitor axle twist.

Seeing that I had lost my manufacturers axle name plates, I'll be drilling out the old aluminum rivets and resecuring the last two I had in my stash.

Woulda got a Helluva lot more done today but the neighbor to where I have this car stored just had to twist twist twist and get me off of my game plan, Driveshaft, UJoints and Yoke looked good and next week the third member will come out for a freshen up.

...BTW neighbor happens to be the brother of Tony Strachen formerly of the Texas Beast Pro Mod who bought this Notorious Pro Mod outta Oklahoma late last year...Feast yer goggles on a 965 Cu. In Reher Morrison motor.
69'Cuda Unmothballed 2.16.20 Rear Axle-1.jpg
69'Cuda Unmothballed 2.16.20 Rear Axle-2.jpg
69'Cuda Unmothballed 2.16.20 Rear Axle-3.jpg
69'Cuda Unmothballed 2.16.20 Rear Axle-4.jpg
69'Cuda Unmothballed 2.16.20 Rear Axle-5.jpg
69'Cuda Unmothballed 2.16.20 Rear Axle-6.jpeg
69'Cuda Unmothballed 2.16.20 Rear Axle-7.jpg
69'Cuda Unmothballed 2.16.20 Rear Axle-8.jpg

What do you expect? Summers Brothers axles are some of the best on the planet.

Rust Man, yer not only knowledgeable but cool as **** and always welcome down in our neck of the woods.....As are all of the FABO family....... Weeelllll the Trump Haters might not make it outta here alive .....Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!

Ha! Well, opinions vary on me, but thanks.

965 cubes wholly crap! :thumbsup: The only substitute for cubic inches is more cubic inches! Nice piece.

-
Back