summit brand cams

-
Nope, no problem at all. I hear that there are only a couple of people that make cam blanks, so really there isn't much of a difference in anyones cams.

who makes them im just wonderin i think its comp the reasion im askin i just wiped one out in my brand new 360 it has less then 20 miles on it the cam is scrap metal now i think i got a bad cam

No problem for me in a new motor, have about 30 minutes on it with no trouble. I used the assembly lube packaged with it, broke it in with Shell Rotella and Redline Engine Break-In Additive. Seems to run good, has a nice idle. But having tranny problems, so I haven't rolled the car out of the driveway yet and tested it on the street.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=SUM-K6900&autoview=sku

who makes them im just wonderin i think its comp the reasion im askin i just wiped one out in my brand new 360 it has less then 20 miles on it the cam is scrap metal now i think i got a bad cam

How did you break the cam in? Use any break-in additive?

i put the moly lube on the cam and the face of the lifter i used 1030 with a zink attitve
How did you run the engine during the break-in period? Were you driving it or was it breaking in on the driveway?

i broke it in at the house i ran it from 2000 2500 rpms for 30 mn u know i bult the moter it has all new barings cam to rod and mane bearings i put magnum heads on an La moter special push rods the hole 9 i think it was just a bad cam the thing has about 400 hp with ported heads over 91/2 to 1 compresion its hot it frickin ran to with the 904 o ya lol it has less then 20 miles on it i did not beat the motter wish i had tho jk it was a good time

-
Back